DM500 HD V2 bootloader crashes after few minutes

• Hi,

I have a new DM500HD V2 box. So the problem is that I'm unable to flash new image because while I'm able to get to the bootloader (it shows IP, etc), the whole device crashes after 3-6 minutes. It doesn't matter if I'm not flashing in that moment. It happens by itself - the green frontal LED stops blinking, turns off.
    Some extra questions:
    Is it normal that there is red light glowing inside the box (on the motherboard - close to the front)? Also - the fan is not spinning at all. Should it spin at all times?

Any kind of feedback is welcome.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gugols ()

• sounds more like an half dead power supply. Can you check with another one ?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• Yes, I checked it with three different power supplies.By the way, I found a picture showing different booting stages (I suppose) and I can get to the last one (8th). However, one thing which keeps me thinking is that the fan is not spinning at all. Does it spin only during higher loads? Because when I touch the heatsink with my hand, it is pretty hot - can't touch it for more than few seconds. So my guess would be that the fan died and thus is overheating and turning off? It would be helpful if anyone owning the same/smilar model would confirm whether the fan is spinning during startup/when bootloader is launched.
     [Blockierte Grafik: https://jb8a8f8.com/support/data/attachments/0/390-3d191bbfa90bb6229d2c5f4ee9469c49.jpg]

• If I read the with SIM ... correctly this sounds more like a clone hardware problem ...

Anyway, you can always open a ticket with DMM and send it there for repair or contact your dealer for a replacement.

• Zitat

If I read the with SIM ... correctly this sounds more like a clone hardware problem ...

No, mine doesn't have "The SIM" text - it's a picture I found online. I have original one - already verified on Dreambox official website. Honestly, sending the device to dealer sounds tricky - basically I bought it online who supplied it from Germany. Probably would take a month to get new one if ever.

Anyway, if anybody could confirm whether their device's fan is spinning when device is turned on and is it spinning when in bootloader mode, it would be really helpful for further troubleshooting, fixing.