DVB-C/T2 + Hybrid-DVB-C/T

• Is it normal, that the new DVB-C/T2 and Hybrid-DVB-C/T won't work together in DM7080? Why is that?

DM920 UHD * Triple S2/S2X/C/T2+Dual C/T2 * HDD3TB
    Terrestrial, Cable, 0.9W, 5E, 13E, 19.2E, 28.2E

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kkrahv ()

• I did not try the Hybrid.

I used the older Philips DVB-C tuner (without T) und this one works perfektly together with the new DVB-C/T2.

• Yes, you're right! Philips DVB-T works, but there is also some issues.
    You have to know, that it only works in order: new tuner in Slot B and old Philips in Slot C.
    At least in my case. But this is ok, if you know that.
    Sometimes is problem, when changing between Tuner B to Tuner C or otherside.
    Then I can see some freezes or pauses before next channel.

Can someone from Multimedia would comment this?

• My next question: can DM7080 handle with 2x DVB-C/T2 Twin Tuner?
    If so, then will I get Tuners A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2?

• According to Ghost it is both. e2 can handle only up to 5 tuers and the bus has only a total of 5 data lines. So you would need 1 single tuner to prevent unused hw

• Thanks for explanation!
    As T2 tuner have only twin version, then I need to spend some extra money for nohting :).

• From your op I read that you have already a single tuner. You could replace the internal sat wit the new twin c/t2 and use it in the extension slot to have the maximum of 5 together wit a second twin c/t2 in second extension slot.

• Yes, I have, but there is some issues:

Sometimes is problem, when changing between Tuner B to Tuner C or otherside.
    Then I can see some freezes or pauses before next channel.

• sounds more like a signal quality problem - too many splitters.

• For cable this is almost useless - BER hast to be 0 all the time. And you still could try to swap cables to see if it makes any difference.

• These are more or less random numbers, as not all drivers even give sensemaking (nor even correct) ones ...

• I am more, then sure, that there is something else, then weak signal. Cause I haven't never problem with that.
    In first possibly I wanna test with 2x DVB-C/T2 and see the differences. Then I think is no problem with changing between tuners.

• What do you mean?

You can configure each of the two tuners seperateley for DVB-C or DVB-T2. So e.g. it is possible to connect and configure B1 to DVB-C and B2 to DVB-T2.

What you can NOT do is configure one or both tuners to use both DVB-C and DVB-T2 at the same time. How would you even connect the cables accordingly? DVB-C and DVB-T2 have a overlapping frequency spectrum so you cannot easily combine those two signals into one.

so long
    m0rphU

• Thanks for explanation!
    There is a man, who is trying it with DM7020 like B1 is connected to cable and B2 to terrestrial signal.
    Cable channels are ok, but T2 needs to disconnect cable signal.