Twin Silicon Tuner - (4.8) Sirus lock under searching for services

• Hi folks!

Have searched for this problem on this forum but cant find any having the same issue.

Well, before the weekend one guy on our forum claimed that he could not "catch" any channels om 4.8 Sirius with his twin tuner on an dm820. He did'nt have any problem getting services from other satellites. He uses our Peter Pan image, and we thought it might be some connection with this. Our betatester group, including myself used the weekend to test our twin tuners for the same problem.

We ended up uninstalling our image and used the original DM image (latest experimental) instead, and the problem still exists. A lot of testing, and the conclution is that we get only some or none (random) services from Sirus 4.8 using the new twin silicon tuner.

We also discovered that when turning the power of the tuners, and starting service scan emediatly after powerup we got more channels from Sirius 4.8 than when restarting the scan over and over again afterwards. The more scans, less channels found, ending up with 0 services found. I know its said that this tuner have less power consumption than single tuner, but it could seem as this has something to do with loss of power regarding lock of the frequencies for the Sirius 4.8 satellite. This is a wild guess.

Our conclusion for now is that this is a problem:

1. On original DM satellites.xml AND Peter Pan satellites.xml which is different.
    2. On original DM image (latest) AND latest Peter Pan image (with same core date as DM original image)
    3. On scanning for services on Sirius 4.8 ONLY. Thats what we discovered.

This fenomen has been tested with 3 twin tuners by our forum users and beta tester group. It has been testet on dm800se, 800sev2, dm820, but we think this has nothing to do with the problem.

I'm sorry if this is discussed elsewhere, and even more sorry if its dumped in wrong forum!

Else, I hope that the DM team could check this out.

- FoxyRabbit - Peter Pan team -

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von FoxyRabbit ()

• Just tested 3 times blindscan and it works! Cant tell you why no one has testet out that through the weekend!

But why does it not work on automatic? Automatic works on first scan after hard retart with twin tuner, and not after that, and it works wothout problem with a singel tuner with both DM satellites.xml and Peter Pan image satellites,xml.

This is a hard one to understand! :confused_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von FoxyRabbit ()

• I'm not sure but it may hang in some undefined (locked) state after the first scan is finished. The tuner itself (it's own firmware on it resets the tuner after some time and unlocking it again).
    You may try to wait 1-2 minutes before starting scan again.

But good to hear that at least the blindscan is working, I know that at least blindscan resulted in such problems just after release of the new tuner. But Ghost mostly fixed all known issues.
    I can't explain why its not working with automatic scan for you, manual scan (complete satellite) also doesn't work? Is DiSEqC used or maybe some rotating antenna?

• Just did 3 times manuall scan for the complete satellite. Same result (268 services found) every time. This is about half of what it should be with automatic (528). With the blindscan I got over 600 with a lot of N/A services in the ALL list.

What does that tell you?

We have testet to scan after half an hour as a second scan after hard restart, that does not fix the problem. When it gets to 0 services found state it keeps beeing that until a new hard restart. Sometimes 0 services on second scan, or less services found for each scan startet.

Nothin special regarding diseq or motorantenna. Testet by three persons with probably (cant tell right now) normal 2 headed antenna with diseq. Everything normal with single tuner used for every person.

• Hi

I have try it with a DM 7080 Stable Image and the Silicon TwinTuner
    On King of Sat are 616 Ku Band Channels listed on Astra 4.8
    with an Auto Scan my Box found only 346 Channels,but if i Scan
    the missing Transponders,for example 11977V or 12015V,manual the Channels are found
    and listed. I have noticed that all missing Channels/Transponders on the BSS Nordic Beam

Gruß

monza42

• Just generated a 4.8 Sirius only satellites.xml with Peter Pan xml generator. Did a 3 times manual scan afterwards and got 542 services at first scan, 25 services at second scan, zero services the last time!!

Our sat files are generated from kingofsat.net, and works without problems on single tuners...

This cannot have anything to do with the satellites.xml used?

• Hi

I guess not that the sat.xml is the Problem
    I have a look on all Channels Listed on King of Sat and on my Box
    after the Scan
    and i see a fault on 11785V B4 BSS Nordic DVB-S QPSK 27500 5/6
    All SVT Channels are Missing on my Box
    but the SVT 1 Channels are Listed at my Box thats a strange issue

Gruß

monza42

• The most strange thing is that I got less services for each scan. Automatic or manual scan that is. Blindscan seems to give me same result (complete and OK) every time.

I hope someone within DM could see into this.

Edit: did a hard reset of tuner, and got 542 services found. That was with the last generated satellites.xml.

• Hi

I have now checked everything and 18 Transponders are missing
    at my Scan ( Manuel Scan single Sat )
    But if i Scan any single Transponder manual all Channels are found and Listed
    let me say also i checked before my sat.xml,it´s a new 1 from Reinh@rd and all
    Transponders are in the .xml
    so i don´t know what the Problem is
    Now i have only Probs with 12188/12341 H DVB-S2 Stream 10/20 and Stream 30/40
    all other Channels are now on my Box again,strange

Gruß

monza42

• I dont know if your problem is identic to ours, but if you hard restart your tuner you should get full service list after your first scan. After that its fucked! :pouting_face:

Edit: I have to correct myself here, it is random if you get full service list after hard reset also! So then there is only blind scan that makes full list EVERY time.

• The theory of invallid transponders in satellite.xml is a theory, but it have some fault to it.
    We are using the same box, image, satellite.xml
    Only thing changed is twin tuner and single tuner. Both tuners are original DMM product of course.
    Automatic search using single tuner never fails.
    Search using twin tuner fails as per FoxyRabbits description.

- oddvarr - Peter Pan Team -

• This not a fault but the Silicon is sometimes locked (the tuner firmware itself) if it is scanning some "unknown" data transponders.
    You can see that if you blindscan some positions with the Silicon where it stays for minutes at the same frequency (e.g. if the blinscan is detecting an signal but doesn't understand it 16APSK/32APSK and so on).
    That may also break the standard scan and stopping it before it is finished, which results in your described missing services (and also explains why the service scan after blindscan is always working, as it is only scanning found/working transponders).

I've already discussed that in the past with Ghost (related to the long waiting times on blindscan), but DMM can't do anything there
    as it needs an updated tuner firmware.

And don't compare it to the BCM tuners which are working completely different :winking_face: