dre

I type the Dream IP

that's my error thank's friend

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

DM800se

DM820

DM900L

DM TWO Bientôt

• Hi! Thank you for a super guide for fixing the DM820.

I have tried this on a DM820HD where i saw my friend had tried to flash the image of the DM520....

When using terminal it clearly shows that there is wrong software installed.

(it goes without saying nothing works, not even the recovery mode) Shows the message stoped/failed with red text.)

Any other suggestions, would the descreibed process (earlier in this post) also work when image for 520HD is "installed"? Tried this without sucsess.

When put in the command "boot -tftp -elf PC-IP:vmlinuz-rescue--3.4-r0.3-dm820-20160405.bin" in terminal the DB returns "-sh: boot: not found "

The rest of the process seem to work until i try "flash-rescue /tmp/vmlinuz-rescue--3.4-r0.3-dm820-20160405.bin" then the DB retunrs:

Manufacturer ID: c2
    Memory type : 20
    Memory density : 18
    read id ok
    comparing 2357 sectors...
    nothing to do

...any suggestions?

• Dear all,
    I have the same problem, I accidentally tried to load a DM520HD image (http://linuxsat-support.com/sh…-DM520-backup-by-master-G) in my DM820HD. The upgrade process stopped saying a "fatal error" and then I couldn't boot in rescue mode. I have the same red message on OLED display.
    I carefully read all your comments, but I could fix my problem. I try to recap my situation.

I installed Putty and I can connect to my DM820HD typing its IP address (dhcp) using both TELNET or SSH modes. I can't connect if I boot with rescue mode (back button off, press front button, switch on back, 3, 2, 1 and... red message). I mean if I do that, I can't connect with Putty. The only way is to let the DM boot (OLED display only show DB logo).

I also connected mini USB cable (installing COM drivers) and I have it on COM12. But I can't do anything with that COM port: if I try to connect with Putty via COM (serial) I can't connect.

After a successful connection with Putty, I have a sort of "welcome message" (OpenATV 5.3... DM520). And my prompt is "root@dm520:-#"

I don't know how to create a bootlog for sharing: I set to save a "putty.log" file but I only have my prompt and a few other lines. I don't have a fully detailed booting infos.

I installed Pumpkin too but I don't know how to "share" the folder where I have dm820 rescue bin.

Last but not least, if I type the "boot..." command line I always get: "command unknown". Probably it's because I'm not typing at a "CFE prompt"... but what the hell is a CFE prompt?!?! and how I can get it?!

Well, sorry for all these questions, but as you understand I'm pretty a newbie. Thank you very much for your support!!!!!!

:smiling_face:

• Ok, I think your almost there :winking_face: The thing your missing is indeed the "CFE prompt". If you have it, you'll see it by having a "CFE> " in front of your command line.
    What you need to do is booting into rescue mode (or try to, until the mentioned error message appears) while you have a serial connection on putty open. Then on Putty the "CFE> " should appear automatically and you can run the boot command Ghost posted above. Keep in mind that you need to have started the Pumpkin server on you PC for the command to work. Also you should check http://dreamboxupdate.com/open…/2.2/stable/images/dm820/ for the newest rescue loader and it's exact name :winking_face:

Also you will need to reflash the correct rescue kernel after flashing the image because the command above just fixes the rescue loader temporarily.

I've wrapped up my experience and steps in a German post. Maybe Google translate helps you there :winking_face: See: https://dreambox.de/board/inde…&postID=158258#post158258

so long
    m0rphU

• Hi m0rphU,
    thank you very much for your fast and kind reply!
    Well I finally got CFE prompt! Thanks! Now I go on with that procedure. Just one question: how could I "share" bin file on Pumpkin? Is it that "put file" button? Please could you explain me this?

Thank you

huascar

• I'm not sure if "Put File" would work as well. I just did it like Ghost proposed by going to Options. There I've changed the first entry ("TFTP filesystem root (download path)") to the directory which contains the bin file. Then I started the boot and got a question on my PC to allow the file transfer.

so long
    m0rphU

• Well, I'm trying to do the same but I still have an error... it seems my dm820 can't find the bin file. Here's Putty log:

• is 192.168.1.47 your computer's IP address? is DHCP active?

edit: ok, 192.168.1.46 seems to be your dreambox's IP. so, DHCP is irrelevant.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Why not? Now you know how to revocer :grinning_squinting_face:

Don't forget to flash the rescue loader now. You can do that in the regular image:

Code
    cd /tmp
    wget http://dreamboxupdate.com/opendreambox/2.2/stable/images/dm820/vmlinuz-rescue--3.4-r0.3-dm820-20160405.bin
    flash-rescue /tmp/vmlinuz-rescue--3.4-r0.3-dm820-20160405.bin

so long
    m0rphU

• Yes, I've done it immediately.

Now I'm back where I was before flashing the wrong image: installing softcams. And I have problems here too!...

I installed a few cccam extensions manually (ipk) but I never had any softcam menu. Where am I doing wrong?

Thx

• Hi There

I have the same problem, my new dm820hd never starts, the rescue Mode works and the download and install an Image, after reboot we see only Dreambox in the Display and thats it. Yesterday the Box is working and i configure it and use it as a Partner Box.

Regards obraendl

Here the Rescue Log

[*] Creating directory '/data'
    [*] Mounting '/dev/mmcblk0p2' to '/data'
    [*] Downloading 'http://dreamboxupdate.com/download/recovery/dm820/release/recovery.sig'
    [*] Copying 'recovery' from local storage
    [*] Verifying signature of 'recovery'
    gpgv: Signature made Fri Nov 14 10:47:38 2014 UTC using RSA key ID 79E2C0CF
    gpgv: key 79E2C0CF was created 1413071318 seconds in the future (time warp or clock problem)
    gpgv: key 79E2C0CF was created 1413071318 seconds in the future (time warp or clock problem)
    gpgv: Good signature from "Dreambox DM820 Recovery <recovery@dm820.com>"
    [*] Unmounting '/data'
    [*] Running './recovery'
    [*] Options '-v'
    [*] Mounting '/dev/mmcblk0p2' to '/data'
    [*] Downloading 'http://dreamboxupdate.com/download/recovery/dm820/release/dreambox-image-dm820.tar.xz.sig'
    [*] Copying 'dreambox-image-dm820.tar.xz' from local storage
    [*] Verifying signature of 'dreambox-image-dm820.tar.xz'
    gpgv: Signature made Wed Feb 3 09:41:08 2016 UTC using RSA key ID 79E2C0CF
    gpgv: key 79E2C0CF was created 1413071313 seconds in the future (time warp or clock problem)
    gpgv: key 79E2C0CF was created 1413071313 seconds in the future (time warp or clock problem)
    gpgv: Good signature from "Dreambox DM820 Recovery <recovery@dm820.com>"
    [*] Creating ext4 filesystem 'dreambox-rootfs' on /dev/mmcblk0p1
    mke2fs 1.42.8 (20-Jun-2013)
    Filesystem label=dreambox-rootfs
    OS type: Linux
    Block size=4096 (log=2)
    Fragment size=4096 (log=2)
    Stride=0 blocks, Stripe width=0 blocks
    60928 inodes, 243712 blocks
    12185 blocks (5.00%) reserved for the super user
    First data block=0
    Maximum filesystem blocks=251658240
    8 block groups
    32768 blocks per group, 32768 fragments per group
    7616 inodes per group
    Superblock backups stored on blocks:
    32768, 98304, 163840, 229376

Allocating group tables: 0/8 done
    Writing inode tables: 0/8 done
    Creating journal (4096 blocks): done
    Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information: 0/8 done

[*] Mounting '/dev/mmcblk0p1' to '/mnt'
    [*] Extracting 'dreambox-image-dm820.tar.xz' to '/mnt'
    [*] Mounting '/dev' to '/mnt/dev'
    [*] Mounting '/proc' to '/mnt/proc'
    [*] Mounting '/run' to '/mnt/run'
    [*] Mounting '/sys' to '/mnt/sys'
    [*] Mounting '/tmp' to '/mnt/tmp'
    [*] Writing /usr/share/dreambox-secondstage/ssbl.bin to /dev/mmcblk0 (LBA: 8192)
    1034+1 records in
    1034+1 records out
    529836 bytes (517.4KB) copied, 0.094075 seconds, 5.4MB/s
    [*] Creating boot image
    [*] Writing bootblob.bin to /dev/mmcblk0 (LBA: 16384)
    14793+0 records in
    14793+0 records out
    7574016 bytes (7.2MB) copied, 1.333712 seconds, 5.4MB/s
    [*] Enabling boot source A
    0+1 records in
    0+1 records out
    5 bytes (5B) copied, 0.001248 seconds, 3.9KB/s
    [*] Unmounting '/mnt/dev'
    [*] Unmounting '/mnt/proc'
    [*] Unmounting '/mnt/run'
    [*] Unmounting '/mnt/sys'
    [*] Unmounting '/mnt/tmp'
    [*] Unmounting '/mnt'
    [*] Unmounting '/data'
    [*] Initiating reboot

dm7020hdv1
    dm7080hd
    dm820hd

• If you can still access the Rescue Loader and flashing worsk (your log looks fine), then you do not have the same problem.

Yes, i can flash the dm820HD without any Problems, the Box is not start only i see "Dreambox" in the Display that's it.

Regards,
    obraendli

dm7020hdv1
    dm7080hd
    dm820hd