unstable rtmp stream Segfault

• When I play a rtmp stream from a bouquet, the stream plays fine.
    Often I can change to a different channel without problems.
    Once in a while, when I change channels, enigma2 restart with any error or green screen.
    Looking in the log, it seems there is a segmentation violation, which causes enigma2 to terminate.
    This is some of the output from 'journalctl -u enigma2':

I don't see any more information about the location or module causing the SIGSEGV in the enigma2 logging or 'dmesg'.
    Is this a know problem or how can I get extra information to help debugging?

• hi fraxinas

das problem kenn ich auch, es kommt einfach zu einen gui restart oder sogar dauer spinner ( wenn z.b. die webcam nicht erreichbar ist ) die auch nach stunden nicht weg gehen ....

hier einige webcam wo es auftritt :

vielen dank im vorraus !

gruss

• okay thanks for your example addresses. it turns out this is a library bug (outside enigma code) which is specific to all rtmp streams and happens when zapping through them really quickly (stopping before play was reached).
    there is a hack that i've applied.would you mind trying this patched version ofthe rtmpsrc element? copy the attachment to your box and run

Code
    dpkg -i gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-rtmp_1.6.4-r0.3_mipsel.deb

i tried zapping 25 times without getting the segmentation fault anymore. please let me know if this works for you

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ghost ()

• I'll download, install and test the new package this evening.
    If I have anny problems, I'll let you know.

Thanks for your quick response and fix.

• hallo fraxinas

der segmentation bug scheind weg zu sein , aber wenn ich z.b. welche von den webcams aus posting nr 3 anwählen kommt nach ein paar mal die dauer spinner ( main thread is non-idle! display spinner! )

geht nur mit einen systemctl stop/start enigma2 wieder weg.

magst du dir mal angucken bitte .

vielen dank

gruss

• Dude7,

Try adding ' timeout=xx' behind your url in your bouquet.
    This will cause gstreamer to timeout after the defined periond, instead of the default of about 300 seconds.
    The spinner will disappear after the set timeout.
    Without the timeout= parameter, the spinner will disappear eventually, if you are patient.

Adri.

• Fraxinas,

After some quick tests, it seems the segfault doesn't occur anymore.
    I'll keep a close eye on it the next few days, but it looks good :smiling_face:

Adri.

• for anyone who had tried my test version of the rtmp plugin, please manually deinstall it and use the final fixed version on the feed

Code
    apt-get clean
    dpkg --purge gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-rtmp
    apt-get update
    apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad-rtmp

should work