Resque Mode

• I have boght this expensive DM7080 and found some problems. I can not change img. I only get RESQUE MOOD http;//dm7080, very tricky machine with very few possibilities, as I have found. :angry_face:

Sorry that I paied so much money. I should hav been satisfied with my DM8000, DM7020HD and DM500HD and finally Vu+Duo2.

• You simply turn on the box with pressed UP button left from OLED (NOT the Power button as you did wrongly), then DHCP server delivers IP and you flash with the browser similar to the old Dreamboxes.

• OK, thanks. I will get 192.168.1.103 STOP and nothing. Another question, how to get plugin får CI+ ? May be an forbidden question?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Frosten ()

• Sorrry, but I do have to press the ON button and get RESQUE MOOD to use ip connection with the box. I guess something i wrong with my 7080.

• Just connection failed. On the box display it says STOP and 192.168.1.103. So I have to press the start button when switching on the box dispaly text is RESQUE MODE http://dm7080/.

And when the box is in this RESQUE MODE I can connect via 192.168.1.103 and load image. Should not be this way I ssuppose.

• Well, the problem is that I can not use power on and UP-button to get ip from the 7080. It acually is ip 192.168.103 but after a few secunds there also is STOP, and no connecion with box. I suppose that use RESQUE NOOD is some emergenzy mood for the 7080. Or?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Frosten ()

• Thanks, yes I alrady have downloaded manual. Still there is only working with pressing power button nd switch power on RESQUE MODE. But as long this works, I have no complaints. Only that CI+ not working, but that is another story. :smiling_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Frosten ()

• Could be that I am 74 (senior) and grown up in the analoug world. But it is so that I can only boad img by pressting start button and get RESQUE MODE http://dm7080. I gues that something is wrong but anyway my 7080 works fine.

About CI+ I do have problem with it. I have read a lot of forums, but most files are .deb and due to my age I would have prefered .ipk, but sooner or later I will hopefuly also solve this problem.

I have had DM7000 in 2002 (I think) and after that almost every new box. Now I have DM500DH, DM800HDse, DM7020HD, DM8000 and finally DM7080. And also Vu+Duo2.

• Hi,

for DM7080HD you need always *.deb package because OE2.2 from DMM is using systemd. No need of any *.ipk packages for this.
    For CI+ you are here in the wrong forum. Just have a look in all other Team Image Forums or use Google.

• And if your box doesn't enter Flash mode on pressing the Up button left of OLED for 10 seconds while turning the box on with the poer button on the back- then there is something wrong with the box or the button hardware.

But my dBackup Plugin can flash the box nicely from the sofa while the image is running :face_with_rolling_eyes:

• deb files are used by DreamOS (OE 2.2) images only. If you use an image based on OpenAlliance, you need ipk files.

All I can find on EuroSat are images for illegal Clones... Not a nice image team, I would say -.-
    I guess it is OpenAlliance though, as I can also find images for VU+ clones. And VU+ images are OpenAlliance images.

For CI+: This is NOT SUPPORTED HERE! But I am sure that your favourite team image also knows something about this. After all they seem to be experienced with illegal things :winking_face:

The only DreamOS images are the original one (dreamboxupdate.com), Merlin4, OoZooN and Newnigma2.

so long
    m0rphU

• Which is a pretty small/exclusive crowd btw.

BUT the OE Images are only rootfs image, which means if you only flash these your 7080 still has a pretty ancient rescue Loader.

Flash the latest DreamOS Image and update the rescue loader and you will see the difference.