Recorded Show in PVR Disappear

• Hi Everyone

I had learned that the OpenWebif could be operated even if
    you are away from home (dreambox located at home). So yesterday I was in my
    office trying to adjust the setting of my home router which is an ASUS RT-AC56U
    through my office PC. I had tried doing the forwarding, DMZ and others. Had
    spent many hours do still unsuccessful. In the evening when I had finished work
    and return home, after cleaning up and wanted to relax and watch my recorded
    show in PVR. I was shock, nothing was inside the 3Tb harddisk, I have many
    movies and recorded shows but now everything disappear. I wonder what could
    gone wrong? Please help me get back my data, I will be very grateful!

Anyone, please help!

Thanks very much!

• if you are useing openwebif, than you are at the wrong place ...

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter

• did you check if the harddisk is still mounted? but for the rest I agree with OoZooN

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

I was shock, nothing was inside the 3Tb harddisk, I have many
    movies and recorded shows but now everything disappear. I wonder what could
    gone wrong? Please help me get back my data, I will be very grateful!

Most cases of "lost" HD content, is a failed mount of the hard disk.
    The system, by default, mounts the flash on the mount point of the hdd, if the
    hdd is not "available". This looks like an empty hard disk, but it isn't.
    Connect to the box via telnet, and execute the following:

mount

This will display, what is mounted currently.
    There should be a line with "/media/hdd" somewhere.
    If it is a failed mount, the text in that line before the " on " should be a directory
    pointing to the flash. If it is pointing to the disk, you are in trouble.
    Get back with the output of mount, and we can try to help.

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• Hi OoZooN & Dre, I did check and seem it is mounted. I also tried to remount again and it did. Pressing PVR show nothing inside, all my files is gone which contain all the recorded Tv Series which i have not yet watch.
    Hi Kenatonline, thanks very much for the solution, i try tonight.
    Best Regards to All

• I hope you had password protection set while you tried all that remote access stuff. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if someone messed with your box. There are plenty of bots out there searching for unprotected unix servers. And if you put the dreambox in the DMZ it is completely open to anyone, if you didn't set apassword yourself.

so long
    m0rphU

• It was mounted alright and there are no more files or folders inside it. I guess it must be the opening of the ports which i had done during the setting of my router and some hackers when in to delete everything. I wonder what they would gain by doing this.
    Is there any reliable recovery software that can recover all the files and folders which i had previously?
    Regards to the change of password, i look around and not able to find where is this setting. Please tell me how to do this change?
    Thanks very much!

• search for extundelete binary at OoZooN's board .... but this can't do magic either.

• After key-in passwd in Telnet (Dcc -E2). 2 sentence appear together,
    Enter new UNIX password:
    Retype new Unix password:
    I tried to use arrow key and mouse to move cursor up to 1st line but unsuccessful.
    Also when i type on the 2nd line, nothing appear.
    Please teach me how to do this change of password?
    Thanks very much!

• Hi Dre, I tried, it's almost the same as DccE2, it appear a sentence asking me to key in password, but when i type, nothing happens.
    How should i go about doing this, please teach me.
    Thanks very much!

• a password you type is not visible (thats the point of passwords...)

and enter is used to confirm

and to be sure you made no mistake, you need to confirm by entering a second time (and don't forget the enter again)

• No good, after using Dcc E2, in Telnet tag, it seem i had successfully change the password. But i try to re-connect using the new password, i could not. i even try using the old password, also unsuccessful. Now i am not able to connect to Db any more. Ftp is connected but Telnet connected for a few second and become disconnected shortly.
    Pleas Help!
    Thanks very much!

• Hi Everyone
    I had change the password ( example: 12345) accordingly by Bschaar and it seem successful. But when I try login again it’s unsuccessful in Telnet, it say Telnet login incorrect. I did the followings in Dcc E2 which failed,
    Method 1,
    a. Configuration Tab- Change the password to 12345 and leave the Login Name as the same as before ie. “root”.
    b. Telnet Tab-key in password: 12345
    c. Configuration Tab> Protocol – it says,
    Telnet Connected
    FTP Connected
    Telnet Disconnected
    Telnet login incorrect!
    Method2,
    a. Configuration Tab- leave the Login Name and Password the same as before ie. “root”, “ dreambox” respectively.
    b. Telnet Tab-key in new password: 12345
    c. Configuration Tab> Protocol – it says,
    Telnet Connected
    FTP Connected
    Telnet Disconnected
    Telnet login incorrect!
    Anyone, please help!
    Thanks very much!

• You could download the plugin to change the password. As ftp still connects i would say your password ist still not set. Have you tried to login without password?

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource