Dreambox 7080HD wifi psk password bug

• Hello
    I just bought a brand new DM7080HD!
    I mounted the latest experimental image OE2.2 dated 20 01 2015.

When i setup a network connection with wifi dongle i noticed that if the password of my router (FritzBox 7490) is composed by a lot alfanumerical letter or symbols and i press ok, the Dreambox OS does nothing. It tells nothing! And it does not connect. Even if the password is correct or if it is wrong it tells nothing and it doesn't connect.
    While if i insert a short passoword (wrong) it gives me a feedback (CODE FAILED).

Is it a bug?
    I must connect through wifi; i can't connect with a network cable, so for me wifi is essential.

One more note: if i disable wifi encryption the DM7080HD connects correctly (free open wifi network).

I owned a DM7020HD and it worked perfectly with a long alphanumerical password.

Thank you!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Venturer ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

A Dialog should pop up asking for the PSK.
    You'll probably have to connect your Box via cable to update it and try WiFi again after you're on the latest firmware (this could be done via telnet/ssh without any tv connected, if need be).

I'll at least need to logfile to help out with some more precise comments.

• I will try tonight with the WPS button on Fritz Box!

Reichi
    The PSK password window appears! The problem is that, after i've inserted the password (right password) nothing happens.
    While if i insert a short password that it's wrong and i press ok the PSK password window closes and it tells me the password is wrong!
    But with a long password nothing happens after i've pressed ok!

• I confirm this is a bug!

Tried the WPS thing.....no way!

I succesfully connected to my home wifi network shortening the password! The Dreambox OS OE 2.2 doesn't accept network password longer than 25/30 symbols!

Also i would like to report a GSOD (Green Screen of Death) crash: DM7080HD has a GSOD after i have installed "Network Broswer" extension and i have launched it!

• I would also to report that with DM7080HD and the wifi dongle trasnfer speed is much slower than my old DM7020HD.

I unserstand OE2.2 is still in beta stage but i hope it will be improved soon.

• Reichi

MKV 1080p Wifi streaming is not usable with actual release of Dreambox OS 2.2. It's too slow! I hope you fix this soon!

It's a troughtput bug because with 7020HD it worked flawlessly!

One more detail: signal rate is 100% with my 7080HD and it's wifi dongle, so it's not a problem of low signal! Simply mbit/s are too low.

• Hi Reichi

The adapter i'm using is the white one branded "Dreambox" i found in 7080HD's box! The adapter is linked to the internal Dreambox USB port but signal is 100% (detected from Dreambox menu).

And i confirm that trasfer rate is slow: 4/5 mbit/s while with 7020HD (and its black V1 big adapter) wifi i reached 40Mbit/s minimum.

My modem router is a Fritzbox 7490 and Dreambox is linked with N protocol!

• Hi Reichi..
    The soft of DM7080HD doesn't support at all wifi encryption .. The trouble isn't hard.. the stick wlan works fine.. I tried it without encryption it works very good in DM7080HD.. it also works very well on my computer using encryption.. the problem lies in the software that must be upgraded to support encrypted wifi..

• Please try placing the stick on the outside. The Strength indication may be inaccurate or even wrong.

Tried! Placed the dongle outside the Dreambox 7080HD! Same behaviour!

I insist it's not a problem of signal! My dreambox is placed at less of 40 centimeters to the Fritzbox router but there's a thin cement wall (4cm) in the middle!

I repeat that with 7020HD and the "black dongle" (bundled with V1) i had 40Mbit of througput! With 7080HD and its dongle i don't reach 5Mbit/s and the signal is maximum. I think there's something different in the source code between Enigma 2 and Dreambox OS 2.2 regarding Wifi part. You are the one you know that!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ever tried the dongle of the 7020hd?
    Insisting and Repeating doesn't solve the problem, I'm sorry.

I could tell you:
    My throughput is fine, i'm having a fritz!box, too.

The Kernel is different. It's newer/other drivers but we don't write the WiFi drivers...
    But it still doesn't help tracking down the issue, does it?

• Hi Reichi..
    The soft of DM7080HD doesn't support at all wifi encryption .. The trouble isn't hard.. the stick wlan works fine.. I tried it without encryption it works very good in DM7080HD.. it also works very well on my computer using encryption.. the problem lies in the software that must be upgraded to support encrypted wifi..

Try shortening wifi password and choose no special symbols!

Dreambox OS 2.2 DO SUPPORT, WEP, WPA and WPA2 encryption; the bug is with long password with special symbols! If the password is too long it will not connect!

• Ever tried the dongle of the 7020hd?
    Insisting and Repeating doesn't solve the problem, I'm sorry.

I could tell you:
    My throughput is fine, i'm having a fritz!box, too.

The Kernel is different. It's newer/other drivers but we don't write the WiFi drivers...
    But it still doesn't help tracking down the issue, does it?

Ok i will give you more details:
    First i have a NAS (Synology DS214Play) connected with CABLE (1Gbit/s) to the FritzBox! NAS is configured for sharing NFS folders (/volume1/video folder). Fritz Box is obviously connected to the DM 7080HD through wifi N!
    As usually with DM7020HD and DM7080HD i can watch MKV inside /video folder in STREAMING!
    But now with 7080HD i can watch only 720p MKV because 1080p MKV and 720p MKV with higher bitrate shutter!

And another detail: i download MKV with the Synology DS214play! Then i've configured the hard drive inside 7020HD/7080HD as a "NETWORK DRIVE UNIT" in Windows 8.1 so i can transfer directly very big MKV (more than 12Gb) to the Hard Drive inside the Dreambox (Hard drive is a WD Caviar Green 3TB).
    Problem is that if i start the transfer Dreambox connection crashes after a while; 7080HD after a while losts the connection! And if i try to reboot the DM7080HD it gives me the BLACK SCREEN with "rolling gears"! I have to disconnect che power with the back switch.
    This defect (Dreambox that hangs after a while during wifi huge file transfer) is the same defect that "had" DM7020HD with "OLDER OE 2.0 Experimental images". With last experimental images OE 2.0 for 7020HD this bug was fixed and the transfer procedure was fine....even with multiple very big MKV!
    In December, when i still had 7020HD i transferred 3 MKV for a total of 46GB directly on the Dreambox internal hard drive without problems or connection lost.

If i try to transfer even a 6/7GB mkv now inside the internal hard drive of my brand new 7080HD it doesn't complete! Moreover transfer rate speed is very very slow!

And NO, i have not tried using old DM7020HD black wifi dongle because i have sold my DM7020HD!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Venturer ()