DM7020 HD hangs when booting up with hdd in the slot.

• I have a problem with my DM7020 HD when inserting a hard drive, the box have difficulties booting up, sometimes it hangs and i need to reboot and then it is 5 min. to boot up.
    When it's ready to use i can't format the hard drive or do anything with it.
    I have tried changing image, changing partitions in different formats on a Mac or PC. :confused_face:
    But when i connect the hard drive with usb, i can then format to Ext4, Ext3 or linux swap :pinch: but i want to use the hard drive internal not external.
    What can be the problem ?

I have now tried to format the hdd to first partition Ext and second partition to linus swap, i had many difficulties to reboot.
    Made some screen dumps so you can see my options when the system is ready.

• This evening i tried to format another hdd also 2 TB but a Western Digital hdd.

I can now boot and i have made 2 partitions first one Ext3 1.9 TB and the other one Linux swap 64 GB
    But when i try to mount or reformat in the blue panel, the DM box freezes and before i have format in the blue panel i can't record.
    Funny thing is that one hdd i can boot i try to format in the menu and the other one i can't do nothing.

• you can use gparted plugin for format or create/delete partition!
    Dont use swap on hdd!

• Hdd never get down to standby
    When you will use swapfile oder swappartition, its better on usb,cf or sd

• Offizieller Beitrag

The autocreated SWAP is for e2fsck only. It's not meant to be used permanently and it's not recommended to do so. Using an USB Stick oder SD-Card is much more convenient

mfg ,
    Reichi

• I have another program installed so i can format the hdd to Ext 3.
    Now i took a 1 TB WD hdd and i mounted it and created hdd/movie and now i have the opportunity to record on the hdd, but then the box freezes and i need to reboot.
    Even if I'm not using the hdd but just have it installed then after maybe 10 min. it freezes again.
    I have even tried without the GP3 plugin.
    I'm using this image. dreambox-image-dm7020hd-20140627.nfi
    Really think something's wrong with the box