Dreambox outputing 60Hz in a country using 50 Hz

• Hi
    I have a technical question
    I'm planning in taking US TV that is capable of NTSC 60Hz only, not 50Hz to Europe
    Initially I heard that it won't be compatible with PAL 50Hz but apparently it does if the STB outputs 60Hz like Dreambox
    My question, is dreambox converting 50hz to 60Hz or what exactly happens
    someone told me also that, when receiving 50Hz it can only outputs 60Hz at 720p and not 1080i, is that correct? here is what he said

Zitat

I have a DM800HD - yes it will output a 60Hz over HDMI when receiving 50Hz signals - though I think only 720p not 1080i. It does a straight frame repetition (which it can do with progressive signals but is trickier with interlaced - so it will do a de-interlace from 1080/50i to 720/50p and then a frame repeat to 720/60p)

I want to make sure there will be no issue outputing 60Hz in european country, which means image stable no judder no stuttering

Thank you for input :smiling_face:

• You'll always have stuttering if your TV doesn't support 50Hz.
    Best setting is to set the multi mode, so the box decides what is used. But that does only work if your TV supports 50Hz. :upside_down_face:
    In Europe TVs normally support both 50Hz/60Hz.

• my brother is using a PS3 Display monitor that is 60Hz capable only, they did not mention any stuttering whatsoever
    I'm trying to understand how dreambox is really handeling the 50/60Hz, is it conversion? or something else
    a response from DMM engineer would be very helpful

Thank you

• Since Euro TVs are capable of 60Hz as well, can anybody set his dreambox to 60Hz (not multi), tune to SD or HD channel.
    Then see if image is steady with no stuttering.

Thx