Dm7020Hdv2 Cant Boot

• Hi everyone, I had a Dm7020Hd v2. Yesterday I try to install CCcam & dFlash & also an old PLi image, ‘pli-jade-dm500-20080718-5335’ by using Dcc and DccE2, result insuccessful. Then I use DreamUp but it got stuck at calculating checksum for a very long time.

9:04:22 AM box type: DM7020HD

9:05:01 AM Calculating checksum...

So I turn-off the Dreambox and use the browser method, initially it seem successful but when come to rebooting, it just hangs there for a very long time. So again I turn-off the Dreambox and turn-on again, sadly to say it can’t boot-up anymore, the display show the following,

“ dreambox

Powered by DREAM multimedia

(My IP address)

** SERIAL MODE ** “

I try again to install the latest image by ‘http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de’, it didn’t work anymore. I know nothing about this dreambox technology, could someone help me please!

Thanks very much!

• Hi,

at first you schlud stop speaking about cams, it is not allowed here. Now to xour problem, you tried to flash an unsupported image which is not build for your box it is build for an old dm500.

You schuld try to flash the latest image from here, but make sure you use the v2 image, the others wont work. If this wont work try to flash this image with dreamup and serials usb connected.

1.Box: DM 7080 HD Sat

• Thanks for the quick reply!

Very sorry, i do not know that is illegal, i am really don't know much about this dreambox technology. I am doing the flashing now with DreamUp but it's hanging at this step,

3:28:04 PM box type: DM7020HD
    3:28:36 PM Calculating checksum...

How to solve this?

Please Help!

Thanks very much!

• Mhh,

are you sure you got a 7020HDv2, i don't know if dreamUp should tell its a 7020HD or 7020HDv2 in case of an 7020HDv2. Here you can see a comperation of both Models, its in german but it should help you.

Have you tried to connect your box with the serial USB-Port, on the back side of your box, to your PC?
    For that you have to install the USB to UART driver from here. Then you can choose the newly created virtual COM-Port in DreamUp to flash your box.

1.Box: DM 7080 HD Sat

• Yes, I did install the Dreambox driver and its in the Com Port 7. It is a version 2, its written on the box for the Dreambox and I had bought it form a well-known firm call 'Steg Electronics' in Switzerland, so I assume its correct.
    Till now it's still at,
    3:28:04 PM box type: DM7020HD
    3:28:36 PM Calculating checksum...
    What other step should I do now?
    Please Help!
    Thanks a Million

• Thanks I did and DreamUp is working but it say,
    " 4:36:54 AM Flashing failed (!!! 010 INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION)), box will be unusable now!! "
    What should I do?
    Please teach me!
    Thanks a Million

• Hi, thanks very much, now I am able to flash it with the new image but it still cannot boot up. I try flashing with this image “release-dm7020hdv2-4.0.0.nfi” first but still can’t boot up. So I try flashing with this image “dreambox-image-dm7020hdv2-20140219.nfi”. But sadly, still cannot boot up. It show the followings,
    “ dreambox
    (My IP address)
    *** STOP *** “
    Please help!
    Thanks very much!

• I read once or twice, that there was a problem with the button at the front of the box.
    The button got stuck and therefore caused the box to boot into stop mode all the time.
    May be worth to check, if all hardware buttons at the front of the box are "loose".

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• I read once or twice, that there was a problem with the button at the front of the box.
    The button got stuck and therefore caused the box to boot into stop mode all the time.
    May be worth to check, if all hardware buttons at the front of the box are "loose".

Thanks very much, but d buttons are good as i bought it recently.
    Best Regards

• Hi Ghost, dominikD,kenatonline & All Experts,
    I am very desperate to solve this as I only got 3 Days more to solve this because I will be starting work. I have not been working for sometime now and only recently i found a job. Once I start working on Monday, I will not have time to do this anymore.
    You all Experts, please help me as I really don't know much about this technology!
    Thanks very much!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

Either your Dreambox is broken (hardware) or you have changed any option in the 2nd stage bootloader which now prohibits the bootup.

Have you tried if the dreambox starts up when you disconnect the network cable, all usb devices and the debug mini usb port?

When this doesnt work you can try to create a boot logfile. To do this you must re-apply the mini usb cable und set up a terminal program like windows hyperterm or linux minicom.

A German description you can find here: http://dream.reichholf.net/wiki/Howto:Bootlog.

Please post the logile here.

cu