Picons not loading at infobar.

• I use dreambox-image-dm8000-20131014.nfi.
    I have uptodate picons loaded in:
    /media/cf/picon
    This has always work for years. (really)

But when i press ok button or switch channel, i don't see a picon in the default HD skin (that comes with opendreambox oe2.0). Also no picon when i use other skin.
    I did a reflash, but still no picons.

What is wrong, or what do i do wrong?

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.

• You have to have a skin supporting the picons and/or a proper skin_user.xml, in which the path to your picons is given. So you should check if you have this.

How can we win, when fools can be kings?

• You have to have a skin supporting the picons and/or a proper skin_user.xml, in which the path to your picons is given. So you should check if you have this.

I use this skin for years, always worked. (DMConcinnity-HD-Transp from GeminiPlugin3.2 feed)

• True, that's the standard path for picons. But I think it depends which path is given in the skin_user.xml. So if you have one pointing to /usr/share/enigma2/picons, you would additionally need a symlink directing from there to /media/cf/picons, like sirdir suggested.

How can we win, when fools can be kings?

• I use this skin for years, always worked. (DMConcinnity-HD-Transp from GeminiPlugin3.2 feed)

Wenn schon ein Gemini Skin genutzt wird dann ist wohl auch das GP3 mit im spiel :winking_face:

und im GP3 muß der Pfad, für die Picons, in den GP3 Einstellungen festgelegt werden

DM 920 UHD sss :smiling_face_with_heart_eyes:

• the search paths are

/usr/share/enigma2/picon
    /media/cf/picon
    /media/usb/picon

so normaly it should work without any skin_user.xml

• When i click in filezilla (ftp client at computer) on /usr/share/enigma2/picon then i get redirected to /media/cf/picon where the picon files are.

I think it has to do with wrong picon files. I'll check later with other picon files at that cf location.

thanks for feedback.

• I found the reason why some picons are not loading.

It seems that OE2.0 *original oe2.0 dreambox image) has no fallback function in how it handles picons. This function is available in OpenPli and OpenVIX.

Here a explanation from ocram picon website (the uptodate picons that i use)
    (source )

So please DMM, can you make it possible that our Dreamboxes work properly with those uptodate ocram picons ?
    This because these ocram picons are very uptodate( don't know any other picon package that is so frequently updated and multi satellite position).
    Do you know other picon packages that supports european satellite positions and most uptodate, and properly working on our Dreambox (no channels without picons that i experience now with ocram picons.

• when I check the git I see a script which links the channel name-picon to the ref-picon(s) (I don't call it servicereference as it isn't one anymore). the standard in dmm-images is to use the servicereference.

the current lamedb lists only Horse and country with d37c:011c0000:0a2a:0002:1:0. there is no bbc one.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Sd channels of dutch channels do have a picon with ocram picons located in /media/cf/picon
    So that is working.
    The one from geminifeed are not uptodate, and not updated frequently like ocram does.

Ok let's ask different:
    Who knows a download location for frequently updated picons that work on a dreambox and that supports at least the satellite positions 13.0e + 19.2e + 23.5e + 28.2e.
    Anyone?