OpenPli quits supporting Dreamboxes (on the long run)

• It is 7 Letters, but I think it is also a dirty word here ...

• What software do you recommend as the best to Estonian user (Estonian language support, with translation, I can help myself a little) and to support the DVB-T2 stick (what is the PCTV nanoStick T2), to look the local HD DVB-T2 channels? With Pli it today running, which other image is running with the PCTV nanoStick T2?

• I think this stick should also work with an original image from Dream Multimedia, as long as there is a driver public available (which should be given, when it is available in PLI images).

Estonian language support, I don't know about that for images of DMM, but if not, why not contributing the translation-files to the repository of DMMs enigma2?

According to this thread there are problems with this stick and OE 2.0, but I don't see why they should not be solvable. Just try it out, and if you have problems, we will help you to get it working.

So my recommendation is to use original software from DMM (switching to Merlin will be your next step :winking_face: ).

How can we win, when fools can be kings?

• Openpli 4, it currently runs damn well here and half of the people are using it here. That's why I also started with this.
    And Merlin 3 is probably the next that I will try but currently only the knowledge that support disappears to Pli is the reason for that.

• What software do you recommend as the best to Estonian user (Estonian language support, with translation, I can help myself a little) and to support the DVB-T2 stick (what is the PCTV nanoStick T2), to look the local HD DVB-T2 channels? With Pli it today running, which other image is running with the PCTV nanoStick T2?

OpenATV and em28xx drivers.

• There are some important things that the original software currently missing and Pli along with its variations owns them. I think, that you know these things very well, better than I do. Last weekend we tried the latest original software and the latest Merlin3. Merlin3 was better than I feared, but I'll put a couple of skreenshots from PLI software, which I miss and what I think would be good to add to the original (if possible) in the future. Yesterday I just got update from Pli -> Enigma: 2013-11-03, so long as they renew yourself, there's no point to rush, but I'll keep an eyes open.

• Did the PLi guys forget implementing a method for taking screenshots, zeros? Sorry, could not resist :smiling_face:

The possibilities are not as extensive, but on OE 2.0 an automated language pre-selection can be achieved using gutemines Audio Selection Plus plugin.
    Subtitle colors and positioning can be altered in your skin.xml (or a skin_user.xml if you want to change it globally in all skins).

• WilliamG
    Audio Selection Plus plugin is an external solution which is lot more than nothing, but has also few minuses

for choose EPG in readable language there still no solution for DMM based images,
    as i understood it can't be made from outside of Enigma2 too

• I am well aware of the limitations, MartiniB :smiling_face:
    But gutemine's plugin is the best/only solution we currently have for this issue.
    Nobody stops people who are missing functionality from implementing new or modifying existing solutions.

• Automatic audio selection should really be done in the core. There it could be implemented in a nicer way. Regarding the subtitles: for me it sounds like a one time definition to set the position of the subtitles. Colours can as well be set in the skin.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• Audio Selection Plugin is completely Open Source, which means all the requested Functionality could be easily added, even with the most complex logic which you will never get into enigma2. It would be also less then 2h work to port the logic of the C code that your great image uses to python and include it in the plugin (and this would include also re-sorting the displyed list to make it look like it was changed internally from what was broadcastet) Because the actual code Port in their GIT is not really sophisticated and only a poor carry forward from what enigma1 did.

BUT strangely enbough people are leaning back now since MONTHS and nothing was done except my own effort and then dumb discussions what should be also done.

Even the Plugin itself as it is now could have been done this way YEARS ago instead of complaining. I was simply upset of the discussion and the insisting repeating that this HAS to be done in enigma2 or the core or whatsoever - which was just NONSENSE people repeated all over again without using their BRAIN !

Maybe this makes you a little bit think how great just demanding is compared to actual doing and that starting this idsucssion again with the same old arguments after beeing proven to be wrong is just a level of ignorance which is not really looking good and hence I will not comment any further on this or put any more coding effort into Audio selection.

And subtitle and EPG language selection can both be solved the same way - only another 2hours each to use already existing functionality to implement it in the python part. So DO it instead of complaining.