Extra vtuner interfaces

• Hi,

Please implement extra vtuner interfaces in drivers (4 vtuner or more). :thumbs_up:
    Currently two interfaces are available but I think it is not sufficient for cases when two different types of usbtuners are used.
    It is a good option which can provide flexibility with 400Mhz dreamboxes .

Regards,
    pop_eye

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pop_eye ()

• Why should they - it would ruin their business model to sell bigger boxes with more tuner slots.

Try the same at VU/ET/CT and see what happens ... and as they have such great developers they could do it much easier :grinning_squinting_face:

• Maybe you should read my reply and start thinking why you will very likely NOT get one ?

Especially because you just registered for asking this question ?

What have you done for DMM, the Dreambox community and this board so that anybody should consider to give an answer ?

• Please read again my question/request and if if you have nothing good to say . please ignore it.

Thanks ! :grinning_squinting_face:

P.S. @gutemine - What you are doing here with your adjective attitude however is hilarious, not to say different.
    Who cares, what I done or not for community ? Do you care ?
    It is a simple request - I hope responsible people can answer in a civilized manner.
    If it is a YES will be appreciated and many others who will be using it. If it is a definitely NO, I can also live with it.
    Please play in other place with words and hectic behavior. I really don't appreciate it. Thanks

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von pop_eye ()

• Maybe you understand the concept of giving and taking ?

No giving = no taking

And demanding is even worse, even when you use the word please.

But it is your freedome to ask - as it is DMM's freedom to not answer :thumbs_up:

At the moment DMM and this forum gehts lots of strange requests - new CPUS, more memory, GB LAN, more vtuners, Golitah now,....

What are you expecting that DMM should to with this kind of requests - except simply ignoring them as you are currently experiencing

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• Giving and taking...what are you talking about ??

What do you want from me ? Please tell I might be able to arrange something for you :face_with_rolling_eyes:

P.S. I repeat nothing was requested out of the ordinary.
    You mean duplicating the vtuner interfaces is such a big request ??
    Quite sure it is copy & paste work for someone who has the source code.
    Is that giving and taking part of your thinking ?

• You are not understanding that DMM will no implement
    something which makes them sell less boxes (and others more USB tuners
    which already bring the boxes, the CPUs and their USB to a limit now)

And you are explaining us that it would be wunderfull to have this on 400
    MHz Boxes - which shows that you are not even understanding your own
    request and its impact.

Just because you don't like my answer doesn't mean it is a bad one :loudly_crying_face:

And if you think it is just cut and paste ... OK ... then wait for your answers from DMM.

• Really ? And you know that for certain because..you just know ?

Was the same story with dm800 and still got two vtuner interfaces..even though considering the CPU power as you said
    was not even near the latest dreamboxes. I did not knew there are currently "on sale" dreamboxes with more then 400Mhz.

And it is not about the Mhz but about the bandwidth...BTW.
    I used that as a principle since all the current dreamboxes are using the same.

Ha, ha..I had a good laugh. Thanks for that :thumbs_up:

P.S. Ty to consider that there are people that know more then you do, just because are better informed.

It is cut and paste and increasing the number of virtual frontends. Are you chickening out ?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von pop_eye ()

• Ah - you just found out that USB is serial and has limited bandwith and is very interrupt intesive ... not bad, really not bad ... now do some more research how good an old dm800 works with 2 USB tuners. And then maybe check how much memory they need ... and then maybe start thinking what that means for the 100MBit Network - which already has problems to do timeshifting HD over a NAS when a recording is running.

And then you maybe are realizing that your request shows a tremendous amount of non-undestanding.

I'm just asking as a person who tries to understand your request :grinning_squinting_face: so please explain further how easy this can be done ... as I like fairy tales :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

• USB is serial...since when a usbtuner is working in serial mode ?
    Have you heard of USB 2.0 specs ?

Again the bandwidth is quite sufficient. Believe me I use it daily. :thumbs_up:

I dont need nothing from you gutemine - not even to read my postings.

• Yes, and I'm pretty sure what the S in USB means and how much interrupts the Broadcom can handle :smiling_face:

And I regard your postings to be very amusing, so I'm deeply sorry to enjoy reading them - and as it is a public forum I can also reply as long as I'm not violating the boardrules :face_with_rolling_eyes:

• Really, I didn't know that solution is so easy to overcome the CPU, Memory and Network problems!

You start to save my day - as you still didn't answer why you think that DMM would sell more and more expensive boxes because of this feature ?

• Really I think you are playing safe. No problem. You started it - not me.

I am not DMM financial advisor - and I tend to believe you are not either, but from the way it looks right now
    there is not much left on the plate to make the platform attractive without some added perks or bonuses, if you know what I mean.

So in itself my request is simple, honest and quite doable.

And you just made a fool of yourself...sorry to say that..but it's true. :kissing_face:

• Good that I already made a fool out of myself so often that you and me can hardly count them.

But now I'm spamming your thread which is impolite - so I'm sorry and I will let you wait for an answer in peace as you are not answering my questions either - hence be patient :upside_down_face:

• Other then that thank you for your time replying to my thread.
    It's not often that a dreambox guru get's down to this level of answering "REAL TIME"
    to a disgruntle wannabe user who just made his 10th post on this beloved by many forum place.

Here I stand patiently waiting for a valid answer :thumbs_up:

• Erata: I'm not a guru, you were much closer with the fool.

I would suggest reading Before the Law from F. Kafka while waiting for an answer.

Have a nice day
    gutemine