How to set the Tuner Mode for more than 4 satellites ?

• choose `advanced mode` and you will able configure up to 32 static LNBs

p.s.
    why choose expensive Multiswitch solution when for your needs are enough 10x1 Diseq Switch SW101D

• Thx for your answer :smiling_face:

I chose this solution because i have 10 different tuners to connect. And such a small multiswitch wouldn't allow me to do it.

But once in the Advance Menu, how will the DM know that LNB 1 is which sat and that LNB 2 is which and so on ? I mean : Should the LNB 1 be a specific sat or I can assign it any sat i receive with my installation ?

• in your shown schema max clients count is 4 and max LNBs count is 6

with SW101D(for each client) clients count limited by how many outputs have LNBs - up to 8
    and LNB's count limit is 10 what can be increased up to 40 by cascade trough small 1x4 switch

• hi,

That schema isn't totally relevant because it's not "exactly" the config i'm gonna have. That's why I said "would look like" and not "will look like".

My current installation is exactly this one : http://www.satlex.be/fr/16part…e_conf_16p_4s_ms1716.html

But I'd like to add some satellites and that's why I gave a first link that counts 2 antennas.

PS: with the new satellites I'll catch, I don't plan to feed more than 4 tuners at the time.

• well, first you must research what diseq protocol commands liten your current 17/16 MultiSwitch
    if it talks on 1.0 then between your most important four tuners and current multiswitch add small 1x2 switches with diseq protocol 1.1
    then behind small switches you can connect second MultiSwitch for new LNBs

1.0 protocol devices can be cascaded after 1.1 protocol devices and opposite

to send commands to device with protocol 1.0 use parameter `Committed` in advanced setup
    to send commands to device with protocol 1.1 use parameter `Uncommitted`

p.s.
    there can be case when MultiSwitch listens to both(1.0; 1.1) protocol's commands, then cascading isn't possible!
    sw101d working modes can be changed by send some commands in right order

• another way if current device listens only 1.0 protocol commands:
    instead new four 1x2 small switches + new 9/4 MultiSwitch + new four Quattro LNBs
    new four 1x4 switches + new four Quad LNBs

then new LNBs will go direct to first diseq device without cascade