I had developed on plugin in enigma2 for dreambox.I had use this thing

def Plugins(**kwargs):
    return PluginDescriptor(
    name="01loginscreendemo",
    description="loginScreenDemo ",
    where = PluginDescriptor.WHERE_PLUGINMENU,
    icon="../images.jpg",
    fnc=main)
    so it display my plugin on plugins menu. Is it possible to run plugins on stratup time .
    please help me for that.

• Zitat

Is it possible to run plugins on stratup time

You may have a look at /etc/init.d and the /etc/rc* directories/scripts. Using these files and directories you can control the startup of system services as well as your plugin.
    As long as E2 isn't running your plugin wouldn't run too (propably). But this might only happen in case you're using python classes which are provided by E2.
    Actually a python developer should better answer this question.

• Unfortunately I never made any plugin for E2. My python knowlegde is almost not existing. Well I can read and understand python but that's it.

Just try the Linux init-system I mentioned. It's pure Linux so it shouldn't be hard to find information about that

• There is some "PluginDescriptor" entry that you can put into the "where" value. Have a look at the plugin.py API or e.g. at some plugins like AutoTimer or EPGrefresh which start at bootup.

so long
    m0rphU

• No unfortunateley enigma2 is only available on dreamboxes.

Allthough there are some forks which have a possibility to be executed on a linux PC, these are in parts hugely different to the recent official dreambox firmwares.

so long
    m0rphU

• There was a similar post about running enigma2 on a pc (I think it was in this forum too). Dmm clearly stated that running e2 on a pc is not what they want.

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource