Netflix player plugin in Opendreambox OE2.0 ?

• Hello all.

I use OpenDreambox OE2.0 on my first generation DM8000. (with GP3.2) i'm a satisfied user. (sort of tester because i also report malfunctions to Dream ticket system to help). :kissing_face:

I want to know if someone can help me with finding (or creating if someone can) a working plugin for oe2.0 to stream Netflix to the Dreambox. :winking_face_with_tongue: (a bit like youtube plugin)
    This because I read the fantastic news that the movie/video streamservice (legal) Netflix is starting in The Netherlands. :thumbs_up:
    It would be awesome if i can use my Dreambox to view (and more awesome record) a Netflix stream. :thumbs_up:

Source: https://signup.netflix.com/Global

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.

• Netflix does work on a "Oppo BluRay player" with usa firmware.

And Netflix is available on numerous of platforms where silverlight is
    not available ,so that doesn't sound like the real reason.

Their is a petition online about Netflix on Linux : www.petitiononline.com/Linflix/petition.html

Some people hear on the news that Netflix is gonna leave Silverlight, but i don't know when.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ACTAsucks ()

• But it is the real reason :smiling_face:
    Netflix might be offering other proprietary ways for their certified partners (e.g. Oppo) to access the streaming service without Silverlight, but it boils down to the same problem as with Silverlight:
    You would need a free implementation of the protocol, which you don't have.

So currently there is - as far as I know - no way to access Netflix from Linux without emulation.
    But as Netflix is planning to move to HTML5 there might be a chance in the future, depending on what kind of DRM is implemented.

• I informed at the manufactorer of my multiregion customized bluray/mediaplayer. Because the usa firmware version of that player has a netflix player. I have a older model the Oppo BDP-93eu. This is a reply of Oppo:

Zitat

Netflix in Netherlands use a newer version of Netflix that is not compatible with the BDP-93EU, only the new models BDP-103/105EU supports this new version used in Europe. The problem is that the European Netflix uses a new version of Netflix that are not compatible with the older US Netflix system in the BDP-93EU and therefore it is not possible now or in future because it has to do with hardware limitations.

I assume that their are more standalone devices who have Netflix playback possibilities, that only works on the older versions of Netflix (like used in the USA).

I think it's too much unwanted DRM & proprietary software stuff that the movie industry forces to use. :pouting_face:
    So conclusion: keep using P2P & torrent, the movie industrie wants this as we see.:thumbs_up:
    I think it will never work on open source software. :loudly_crying_face: