Audio Selection Plus Plugin

• configuration is saved in the /etc/enigma2/settings as lines config.plugins.audioselectionplus.***

asp.conf is a library of posible track titles which are not languages titles.
    default under /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AudioSelectionPlus/,
    but user file under /etc/enigma2/,
    when present user file then default will be ignored(user file will not be overwrite on updates)

• Audio Selection Plus plugin - very nice thing, and I am very familiar with it. gutemine, thank You for this great plugin! But it does not work unfortunately with OE2 software. Why, I do not know.
    Sample- select some from your German channels from your Sky Deutschland; Put your preferred audio language is English (by default is the German). And you will see that the audio is still in German, despite the preferense of English you put. With previous software before OE2 it worked . I tend to think that it should still be just as dre said - Automatic audio selection should really be done in the core, well as subtitles in the same way.

It's my opinion and if you disagree, then I use the PLI on as long as possible.

there can be differences between OpenPLI OE2.0 and DMM OE2.0, on Newnigma2(release/unstable) works perfect,
    maybe show your configuration

the only things which will be better after implement direct into Enigma2:
    1. no necessary of 2 seconds delay
    2. make last used track stronger than autoselect
    3. avoid change track twice
    4. choice on user side which method to use

p.s.
    can't see the way how external solution can change EPG language

• You don't need any delay at all, as soon as engima2 hast got the information you can use it in C but also in python. BUT as tracks are dynamic and could show up on tuning this is adviceable to to it this way. And as last Audio still works there notrmally is no multiple choice/changing.

You are still not getting the idea that APS SUPPORTS the current implementation and automates the manual mechanism and could do it in any way you want instead of a hardcoded core with rules and priorities which could be wrong - an WILL be wrong due to the creativity of the broardcasters to name their audio channeln.

APS it is NOT a replacement or whatsoever.

And on EPG Language - first question you have to answer yourself: How do I manually change the EPG language? Then you have already half of the answer to your question.

And subtitle handling in the core is already a MESS now, so thinking that you could improve the situation there is a kind of wishfull thinking.

• You don't need any delay at all, as soon as engima2 hast got the information you can use it in C but also in python.

in python you don't have info when Enigma2 is finished compile list, on services with huge list of audiotracks 1 sec isn't enough - 2 sec ok

You are still not getting the idea that APS SUPPORTS the current implementation and automates the manual mechanism and could do it in any way you want instead of a hardcoded core with rules and priorities which could be wrong - an WILL be wrong due to the creativity of the broardcasters to name their audio channeln.

will not be wrong if last used track(E2 knows that) will be stronger than autoselected(ASP resets always whatever has been selected by E2)
    you are surprising me, as programmer you have to know,
    result and performance can be different on differently order executed "same" operations, even if it looks so similar
    and yes, suggested `manual mechanism` from my point of view is equal as uninstall ASP, this case definitely don't like :smiling_face:

And on EPG Language - first question you have to answer yourself: How do I manually change the EPG language? Then you have already half of the answer to your question.

what i'm talking about - there isn't known method to change EPG language outside of Enigma2

• If the remembered last audio ist the one ASP had choosen it will not switch anymore = what you want. IF there is a new one which is higher in your list it will switch but this is exactly what the Plugin is good for.

And if you don't know which EPG event you can use to be triggered when list is complete then you are simply not knowing how EPG events in engima2 work, but this is not my fault. Enable the others too and use a dummy event handler and come back if you have found out :grinning_squinting_face: BTW I don't know how they worked either - but I tried out and tried to understand and I had done this already for the Content Blocker, hence I know that I'm not telling total nonsense.

And if there are multiple EPG languages broadcasted on a channel try out what enigma2 does ...

I'm simply not accepting if people are repeating their or other people's assumptions instead of working on the problem.

Whole ASP Plugin was done in a few hours after I was so upset that people repeated the same wrong arguments all over again instead of checking and finding out that it is not a problem at all !

And If you and others continue to tell the EPG Language story without having an proof or done any investigation and verification and testing .. it could be that I become upset again :angry_face:

This is a little bit like the 'things heavier then air can't fly' story. It worked nicely until two bycicle mechanics became upset :thumbs_up:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()