fontconfig-native compiling problem

• Hi,

I have some problem with compiling fontconfig-native (dependency for many other useful tools).

Here we are :

log.do_compile.2124 contents:
    ===================

Anyone can help ?

• Not sure if it helps, but I do have a suggestion. Try fontconfig-native version 2.3.91 from the development branch of openembedded. The dreambox branch is still at version 2.2.95. Maybe there are some important bug fixes in the more recent version.

Mind you, I haven't tried this myself, so it could well be that it doesn't work.

Please find fontconfig.tar.bz2 attached, in case you don't check out the org.openembedded.dev branch. Save your old fontconfig directory, and unpack the tar file:

Code
    cd ../packages
    mv fontconfig fontconfig.orig
    tar xjf fontconfig.tar.bz2

Then try again, and see if it works.

• Hmmm. Just for the heck of it, I tried to build fontconfig-native myself, using the bb-file from the development branch of OE. And it worked like a charm, no problems at all.

Could it be that the build system is still using an older version? Maybe it will help if you try and delete the stamps (rm tmp/stamps/fontconfig-native*) and the build directory (rm -rf tmp/work/fontconfig-native*).

If that doesn't work, you might also try to upgrade the configure pre-sets in site/mipsel-linux. I've attached the latest from the dev branch of OE. I've had to do this to get vim to compile.

• Tried to build from scratch, tried to replace the mipsel-linux file with the one provided : doesn't work.... (same error)

same player, play again ?

I'm on a fedora core 5, 32 bits Atlon cpu, if it helps somehow...

• http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.…mbedded/11620/focus=11620

Taken from glibc_2.3.2+cvs20040726.bb in dreambox branch :

Code
    do_munge() {
            # http://www.handhelds.org/hypermail/oe/51/5135.html
            # Some files were moved around between directories on
            # 2005-12-21, which means that any attempt to check out
            # from CVS using a datestamp older than that will be doomed.
            #
            # This is a workaround for that problem.
            rm -rf ${S}/bits
    }

Would my problem be a side effect of this "patch" ?

• For what it's worth...

The problem seemed to be an undefined __WORDSIZE because _MIPS_SZPTR was undefined.

changing /build/tmp/staging/mipsel-linux/include/bits/wordsize.h to

Code
    #ifdef _MIPS_SZPTR
    #define __WORDSIZE      _MIPS_SZPTR
    #else
    #define __WORDSIZE      32
    #endif

made the errors go away.

I'm not comfortable enough with OE to figure out a better solution. Hopefully this post still provides some help to others searching for an answer.