Video from Pal to NTSC

• Hello eveeryone.

I just got my new DB 500HD from Portugal today, plugged in to the TV and big surprise after displaying nice picture of DB500 my screen turn black, Try couple time powering off and on again but still black.

Wonder if someone knows how to switch video output from PAL to NTSC pressing my remote control buttons, any help will be appreciated. By the way I live in Canada so PAL is no option for me.

• How are you connecting it to the TV ?

I havent used your model but on the DM 8000 when you switch on it has the language, country and output display options, scart, HDMI component etc and whether it is 50 or 60 hz.
    If you select an option that you dont confirm it can display it reverts to its default.

DM 8000 Beta Tester

• Use webinterface when you can't see video output.(in webif: boxcontrol > screenshot all and click webremote)

Menu > System > A/V settings >
    video output = scart (i guess your receiver switch to hdmi, maybe because of hd channel then i suppose it's normal to have no signal on sd scart)
    Mode = NTSC (no pal or multi because i guess your tv is a old one that only supports ntsc, most newer tv's have multi support)

check if other settings are correct.
    If you have a HD receiver, then why do you use a scart connection, scart = SD, not HD.

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ACTAsucks ()