DM800HD PVR and IPTV problem (OE 2.0)

• Hi all,
    I am realy sorry if this has been discussed before, I have searched the forum for this issue, with no success.

I have tested a number of OE 2.0 images, and they all seem to give me problems when watching internet streams (iptv) via the bouqets.
    This is a problem for me since I do not have an antenna, so I use DM800hd only for watching IPTV.

The problem is that when watching a stream that has a quality bitrate above 1mb. The box will hang\freeze after 50-60 minutes of watching a single channel (without zapping).
    The spinner is shown in the upper left corner, the picture freezes, the remote does not work, nor is there any network connection. At the end I have to pull the power cable for it to reboot.

I then tested the same thing, but a Low quality channel with a bitrate under 600 kb. The box did not hang\freeze, I could watch for serveral hours without problems.

I do not have this issue with an image running OE 1.6, works great.
    So is this a hardware or software (image, oe, driver?) related issue? Could it be a bug or that DM 800 HD is simply too weak for OE 2.0 ?

Thanks in advance!

• Hi there :smiling_face:
    No there is no green-screen, nor a crashlog, it just sits there with the spinner animation. If I leave it like that for say 10 min, it automaticly reboots.

If you could tell me how to create a enigma bootlog I would be glad to do it. never done that. :smiling_face:

• Hi there :smiling_face:
    No there is no green-screen, nor a crashlog, it just sits there with the spinner animation. If I leave it like that for say 10 min, it automaticly reboots.

So, the OOM Killer has slammed again(out of memory)...which image version(date) do you use?

Then, output of dmesg would be interesting too (Telnet: "dmesg > /iptv_dmesg.txt" right after restart of enigma2!)

• The image that I used recently was Media-Sat 4.0 that is based on the OpenPli OE 2.0 image.
    This is the info I got from them:
    driver= 11.07.2012 r.7.0
    ssl 84 r.11
    enigma 3.999git.20120912
    kernel 2.6.18.7.4
    All updates from 12.09.2012

Do you need dmesg after restart when it hangs or before it hangs?
    I will try and get the bootlog also, looks a bit tricky :smiling_face:

Thanks again

• Tonight I flashed my box with genuine DMM image, dated 25.09.2012
    http://www.dreamboxupdate.com/…-image-dm800-20120925.nfo

I inserted my iptv streams in the bouquet and restarted dreambox.

Then I watched one single channel (bitrate quality around 1 mb), without zapping. After excatly 50 min, the box froze and the spinner appeared. It stayed this way for 20 min !
    Then it restarted enigma2 automaticly.

I have attached my dmesg that I took right after restart :smiling_face:

• Good to hear :smiling_face:

I hope you find the problem that is causing this. I know that dm800 is weak compared to other boxes, but it was not cheap :smiling_face:
    Keep me updated, and if you need more tests\logs, just ask.

Thanks!

• Hi there,

Is there a changelog we can follow on the experimental images? Or will you inform me here if there are any changes regarding this problem?

Thanks

• Code
    [ 5325.369000] Out of Memory: Kill process 1255 (enigma2.sh) score 11135 and children.
    [ 5325.369000] Out of memory: Killed process 1261 (enigma2).

Now it's DMM turn... :grinning_squinting_face:

Is there any solution abou this problem?