partnerbox stream between two dreamboxes using 5mbit vpn connection

• Dear dreamobox enthousiastics ( and DR.Best ).

I have at my main location a dm8000 available and remote a dm800. The connection between these over vpn is max 5Mbit, therefore streaming the HD channels definitely do not work with partnerbox as it is available today; simply because HD bitrate is between 10-15Mbit and exceeds the available bandwidth. It would be great if the partnetbox plugin can be extended so it can downsize stream to 5Mbit ( where 0Mbit is unlimited ) when needed, I foresee problems compressing as the dm8000 has a 400cpu mipsel and dm800 has a 300cpu but maybe an external pc ( either linux or windows ) can help out here.

partnerbox settings would be then:

name: dreambox, ip: 192.168.x.y, port: 80, Enigma-Type: Enigma2, password: xxx, servicelists/epg: use external, zap to service when streaming: no, max thruput: 5 (where 0 is unlimited), use external cpu to downsize ( if needed at all ).

Would such scenario be possible, or things can be done way easier?

• The cpu of the dreamboxes is not strong enough to recode the stream in realtime. You can use a pc in between the two boxes to do the work. Otherwise it is not possible.

• ok then an external cpu should be used, it would be great if that add on can be developed for partnerbox somehow.

So piece of software on windows or linux server ( xbmc or vlc ) as well add on in partnerbox to use the features on external pc.

What cpu would be required, eg 2core atom 1,6 (ionitx)?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dolphs ()