DM on ANGA CABLE 2012

• What do you expect that DMM would show about CI+? It doens't fit to the image and the concept of a dreambox.

OE 2.0 is out for quite a while now. We see the progress (almost) every day. Which news should DMM present on that?

so long
    m0rphU

• We waited DM model which supports CI+ modules, sopo new modules will work.

Also we waited demostration of new funtcions demonstration of OE2.0

• We waited DM model which supports CI+ modules, sopo new modules will work.

Then get a Settopbox of your signal provider that supports CI+/HD+. :pouting_face:
    You really have no idea what CI+ & HD+ really is. (it's extremely much (illegal) userlimitations) Youtube link1 , link2 , link3 .. Conclusion: Only stupid people want to use it. :smiling_face_with_horns:
    Illegal because in some countries you can do more by law, then what CI+/HD+ allows you to.
    Just stop posting about i want CI+ on a dreambox, that's stupid (as stupid as HD+ limitations).

Also we waited demostration of new funtcions demonstration of OE2.0

How about flash a OE2.0.0 image on a dreambox, and experience it yourself. (keep in mind it's beta, so not everything isworking how it should be).

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.

• problem is that without CI+ you can only watch SD channels soon.
    Many operators already use CI+ and because of that you can only watch on SD channels.
    And problem with CI+ is that Dreambox won't be a Dreambox anymore to get a CI+ license.
    Software must be closed source and recordings etc must be encrypted.
    In other words opensource boxes will be dead in a few years.
    When that day happens i will stop watching TV.
    I will never accept being forced to use a box i don't want to use.

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Leatherface ()

• Just because it is not officially supported does not mean, that it does not work... in my dreambox a german HD+- card works... And it works way beeter than any "official" HD+ - Certified receiver...

• You don't know what you talk about. It doesn't work if it's only CI+.
    If it works then it's not CI+ yet or maybe using both standards without forcing people to use CI+.
    So when they switch to CI+ only you can say goodbye to your HD channels.

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

• You are right in that I do not use a CI+- CAM as that would not work in the CI- Slot of the dreamboxes.
    But in a slot most of the times there is a Card. And this card does not care about the module around it...
    I don't know, if there will be cards that do not run in slots other than CI+ anymore...

But all of this discussion is senseless: It was said in this thread before: Dream- Multimedia will NEVER get a CI+- certificate if they do not make their OS Closed- Source.
    And if it is closed Source (and I mean COMPLETE closed, not like today) then nobody will buy a Dreambox anymore as the Plugin- Development and the felixibilty is the reason for using a Dreambox.

So: CI+ and Dreambox will never come together (IMHO)

• Operators with CI+ activated means that you need a CI+ module and a CI+ slot.
    You can use the CI+ module in a CI slot but will only decode channels that accepts CI and that means it accepts the SD channels but not the HD channels.
    SD works because many still use old hardware so they can't activate CI+ there normally.
    Softcams even if you have a legal cards can't decrypt the channels either because you need to hack a original box and get the hw key out of it when it will work and that's not easy.
    Maybe we will see things that makes that easier in the future but it's really bad that people must hack boxes to be able to use what they want with own legal paid card.

• But all of this discussion is senseless: It was said in this thread before: Dream- Multimedia will NEVER get a CI+- certificate if they do not make their OS Closed- Source.
    And if it is closed Source (and I mean COMPLETE closed, not like today) then nobody will buy a Dreambox anymore as the Plugin- Development and the felixibilty is the reason for using a Dreambox.

So: CI+ and Dreambox will never come together (IMHO)

I think Kathrein has a model with CI+ and all restrictions. But also all comfort functions for the unencrypted channels; including LAN connection.

Perhaps is such a combination possible.

Like a Box-in-Box concept. A part of closed software for CI+channels. And a part of free-software :question_mark: :question_mark: :question_mark: