Seit Updates am 24.05. bleibt DM8000 häufig hängen

• @Orzes: Same Questions for you as for all the others:

1. Where do you record to (Local harddisk or network)?

Recordings done to internal hardisk. I have one (additional) NFS share on my synology network drive, I can see the synology is resuming (from HDD hibernate) on DM startup from deep stanby, but it hibernates again after 30min (as scheduled) so DM is not keeeping the connection afterwards.

2a. [Harddisk] How is your hard disk formatted (ext2, ext3, ext4, xfs)?

I've got:
    1. Interal HDD 500GB, two partions: sda1 460GB ext3 for recordings; sda2 ext2 for timeshift only; mount points defined in /etc/fstab manually.
    2. 2GB USB stick at back lower USB port (the original stick incuded in DM8000 package). Not used as write location for any OE service / plugin.
    3. 4GB CF card. Not used as write location for any OE service / plugin.

2b. [Network] How do you mount your Network?

Network is LAN, DHCP. I've got the fixed IP mapping for DM MAC address in my router configuration.
    I've set up the MS Windows workgroup and use the Samba server @ DM8000 as master browser (works perfectly for all my devices).
    NFS share is mounted at startup (as mentioned above).

3. Is the latest Update from yesterday (07.06.) installed?

The dreambox-image-dm8000-20120607.nfi flash from dreamboxupdate.org (OE 2 of course). I always reflash, I do not use the update function.

4. Does the problem occur with SD or only HD- channels, with free or encrypted channels?

I had only one freeze, some time after I disabled the PTS in settings (I do it sometimes when I want to zip all my favoruites channels to update EPG) and forgot to turn it on again. And the freeze happened on free SD DVB-T channel. Did not happen again on that on (any other channel) after I reactivated the PTS plugin again.

5. Which Plugins do you use?

I have plugins which are included with image (+ PTS plugin maybe installed manually, I do not recall now if it was included in image by default). Besides I removed the plugins regarding CD/DVD as do not have any CD/DVD drive. As I mentioned in my previous post, having PTS configured to run, no freezes.

Regards.

• I disabled the PTS again and here are the results:

1. Free SD DVT-T freezes again
    2. Encrypted SD DVB-S: no freeze. Decrypted by softcam, so some additional process activity.

I will do a free SD DVB-S / HD DVB-S2 test later (and report back).

EDITED:
    Softcam info removed.

EDITED 2, INFO UPDATE:
    Information in this post became outdated.

Zitat

... that without the PTS active I have freezes on any type of channel (DVB-T, DVB-S(2), HD, SD, FTA, Encrypted).

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Orzes72 ()

• Hallo,
    mein Fazit:

Updates machen immer noch Probleme.

Ich habe ein Image von 07.06.2012 und das Läuft wirklich gut, Gute Arbeit!!!

Aber hoch Updaten ging bei mit immer Schief, Updates liefen durch, hatten aber keine Wirkung.

Zudem enden Firmware Updaten in den Erweiterungen, immer mit einen Crash, Erweiterungen alleine lassen sich aber installieren.

Aber die Grundfunktionen laufen jetzt und scheinbar Arbeiten einige DM Mitarbeiter auch Sonntags und Feiertagen, TOP Arbeit!!!!

Also von mir ein Dankeschön und den Rest schafft ihr auch noch. :thumbs_up:

DM900UHD SS - DM 500HD S - Diverses.

• Zudem enden Firmware Updaten in den Erweiterungen, immer mit einen Crash

Naja ..

Eigendlich macht man ein Image Update ja auch über -> Taste Menü -> Einstellungen -> Softwareverwaltung -> Software aktualisieren

... oder über Telnet

Code
    opkg update && opkg upgrade

DM 920 UHD sss :smiling_face_with_heart_eyes:

• Sicher, mache auch nicht, aber nicht jeder weiß dass.
    Wenn DM das anbietet sollte das auch gehen.

Gegen diesen Konsolen Kram bin ich seit es LInux gibt im Kampf.

Und wir haben gewonnen, Unbuntu läuft auch ohne Konsole.

Und auch auf einer Dreambox hat so was nichts zu suchen.

Das sollte DM auch Wissen, sowas ist nicht Zeitgemäß.

DM900UHD SS - DM 500HD S - Diverses.

• So update regarding freezes with PTS inactive:

I can get more or less random freezes on any FTA service type: FTA SD MPEG4 DVB-T, FTA HD MPEG4 DVB-T, FTA SD DVB-S, FTA SD DVB-S2, FTA HD DVB-S2 - the box does not respond to remote, no network access, no up/down on front pannel, not sure about power button on front pannel.

I have not tested the encrypted services yet.

Strike through: PTS problems due to HDD problemEnabling PTS resolves the above mentioned freezes but PTS plugin introduces some other:
    Saving the timeshift as movie freezed my box. No remote, no network, no up/down on front pannel, but power button powered down the box. The option was triggered during waching live, with the message that that current service would be recorderd after it had finished. After the restart I checked the recording and it was ~82MB, and should be ~8GB.
    The box became very slugish durning the "time shifted" palyback. It had freezes in video & sound. The rewind / fast forward was always sluggish at the same portions of the movie. It was not only sound & video problem. It was the whole box very sluggish at that moments. I had to wait a few seconds for DM box to respond to the remote keys pressed. It was all OK when I returned to live playback finally. But when I tried to record the movie from timeshift (as described in point 1) the box got frozen.

Regards.

EDITED:
    Destination for the timeshift-recorded-as-movie is the internal HDD ext3 partition (timeshift itself uses another partition of that drive which is ext2).

EDITED2 (Update):
    The freezes with PTS plugin disabled happens on my encrypted channels too. So, without the PTS active I have freezes on any type of channel (DVB-T, DVB-S(2), HD, SD, FTA, Encrypted).

Regards.

EDITED (Again):
    Final update: when the box freezes as in PTS inactive scenario: the power button on front panel does not work. When the box froze during saving the PTS, the power button on front panel worked and the box was shut down. And that was the only visible difference in the "freezing behavior".

EDITED (yet again):
    PTS section stroke through as that problem was due to HDD problem, most probably. PTS inactive scenario freezes: all stands as stated.

Regards.

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Orzes72 ()