• Would be nice with an option to manually set the time instead of transponder time and/or fix the bug with summertime.
    When it's summertime i get wrong time from transponder and need to set GMT instead of GMT+1 (CET).
    The result of that is wrong EPG data too because time is wrong and changing timezone doesn't help there.
    Seems to be same thing on Enigma1 boxes.
    With the original box from the distributor the time is correct so it seems to be something with CEST (CET) that is wrong on dreamboxes.

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

• in case Transponder's time so often lies and we dont have option `Trusted Transponders for Time Update`
    i prefere update time from the net

add hourly cron rulle

Code
    echo "57	*	*	*	*	/etc/init.d/rdate start">>/cron/tabs/root

create symlink to run at system startup

Code
    [ ! -e /etc/rcS.d/S41rdate ] && ln -s /etc/init.d/rdate /etc/rcS.d/S41rdate

disable update from transponder

Code
    echo "config.misc.useTransponderTime=false">>/etc/enigma2/settings
    killall -9 enigma2
  • Not possible to update from net because transponder will change the time again after that.
    I will try to manually turn off in settings and see if it works but this need a proper fix.
    The problem seems to be with CEST.
    Btw why using rdate instead of ntp ?

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Leatherface ()

• Seems it worked thank you but it doesn't seem to help with transponder EPG still 1 hour wrong there.
    Is it possible to turn off trasponder EPG and only use grabbed EPG?
    Often i have problems with transponder EPG overwriting grabbed EPG and causing problems with timers.
    The problem seems to be that Enigma2 thinks it's CET and not CEST.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Leatherface ()