Will Dreambox support the CI+ pairing technology?

• Will Dreambox support the CI+ pairing technology starting to be used on HD boxes from many vendors?

I don't see how the dm's could be used in the future when this is fully implemented? :confused_face:

• "no, dreambox can not support CI+
    if DMM would change enigma2 to get CI+ certificate nobody would buy a Dreambox "

I understand the conflict but on the other hand I guess that without CI+ soon it will not be possible to watch HD channels, sat or terest on a dreambox. :loudly_crying_face:

Shouldn't be possible to have both generic CAM functionality and CI+ in the same box? :face_with_open_mouth:
    Probably not since I guess the providers have some certification tests.

• if you would have CI+ restrictions on a Dreambox there would be no difference to any other CI+ Receiver.

crypted recordings !?
    automatic deletion of recordings !?
    impossibility to skip advertisment in recordings !?
    limited Timeshift !?

this are things what we dont want to have, even some test-magazines give negative points to PVR Receiver with CI+ restrictions

• "
    impossibility to skip advertisment in recordings"

now, that makes total sense!
    I would absolutely hate not to be able to skip ads in my recordings. :angry_face:

I guess we will learn to live without HD channels even if they're really nice on big screens.

• I guess we will learn to live without HD channels even if they're really nice on big screens.

Well, if this is how it is, we might as well learn to live without Dreambox!

HD is the way forward - no doubt about that, so if CI+ cannot be supported somehow and CI+ is what broadcasters choose, then this will be the end of Dreambox.

• Hello,

The end of dreambox and all linux boxes will be when we are not able use cards in internal card readers.

Hmm, its a typical Comment from Windowsusers, that know nothing about Linux :winking_face:

And google can show the way to use this.....

MfG EgLe

Kernel : Linux 6.1.26-1-MANJARO (64-bit)-MANJARO (LTS)
    GUI : KDE 5.105.0 / Plasma 5.27.4
    Machine : Intel NUC8i7HVK
    Graphics : Radeon RX Vega M GH
    CPU : Intel Core i7-8809G @ 8x 4.2GHz
    RAM : Gskill F4-3000C16S-16GRS Speicherkarte so D4 3000 16GB C16 Rip

• I don't understand how you made that conclusion from my post.
    FYI, I have a windows pc and a laptop running Lubuntu 11.10.
    So you see, I know something about Linux.

• EgLe: i think you misunderstood kalehrl... What he was saying is, that only the fact of "not officially supporting" something does not do any harm.. As long as tere are other ways to use your Linux Receiver....
    IMHO: If in some far away future software will not be able to do, what ci+ (or any following tchnology) does with hardware, then this might be a harder time for linux based receivers (but i'm sure, not the end, as there are some more things to do with them than to watch encryptet channels...