IP Protocol and Teletext problem

• Hi,

Im controlling my 7020HD by Enigma2 IP Protocol.

All works fine untill i hit the TEXT (code:388 ) button. Then teletext is shown, but all buttons wont work anymore. I have to quit teletext by IR remote (exit button) to go back to normal operation. All buttons are accepted again.

I'm using OpenPli 2.1

Is this a known problem or is it me??? :loudly_crying_face:

jeroen

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von xynyx ()

• It is a known Problem: Teletext does not really "fit" in the Enigma2- Context (that's why it is rewritten at the moment), and can not be ended using IP- commands once it is started...

• Thanks!

Ill keep de IR remote standby for teletext. The main reason for buying a Dreambox was the possibility to control it with TCPIP. To learn about this bug is a bummer :frowning_face:

Any thoughts when the fix will be ready? Enigma2 has been in use for some time now.

• They only recently started developing a new teletext. I don't know how far they are, but it was said to be in the next release- image. If that is true: I don't know.

Teletext was ported from old enigma1 and never really "fit" in enigma2: no precache of pages, it exclusively takes the remote- interface and does not release it before ended, no start on last seen page, and, and, and...
    But it seems there were not enough complaints for dmm to fix it. Now it seems to fit in their current work, so they completely started to develp a new teletext app from scratch, but of course this lasts some time.

Anyone correct me, if i am wrong...

• Thanks Tode,

One last question, maybe a dum one but,

Im using OpenPli firmware. Does this replace the "normal" Dreambox firmware or does it leave the Enigma2 engine alone?

What if the new Enigma2 comes to market?

Hope you get my drift.....

jeroen

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von xynyx ()

• What Models does this Bug affect?

I know now about DM8000HD and DM7020HD, which Dreambox receiver else?

At a DM7025 it works very well and it has Enigma2, too.

• All models, but not very old versions of the software which you are obviously using on your DM7025.
    I could explain why this was and the reasons for the change, but there is little use for that.

Regarding PLi: it is possible that they are unable to adopt the change, but you're already missing out on good things now, so why start caring then :winking_face:

Homescreen eurer Apple-Geräte noch nicht voll genug?

dreaMote: Fernbedienung für Dreamboxen
    Mobile WOL: Wake-on-LAN Client für iOS mit optionalem Widget
    My Home Remote: Fernkontrolle für Homematic CCU/CCU2 optimiert für mobile Benutzung

• All models, but not very old versions of the software which you are obviously using on your DM7025.

Thanks. Regarding my Dreambox I got used to the paradigm: "Never touch a running system." :winking_face:

I could explain why this was and the reasons for the change, but there is little use for that.

If there is no possibility to avoid it I fear knowing the details won't change anything. :smiling_face:

I just asked because I created a remote application for the Nokia N9. I just published it last week and got some complaints about the videotext button. But it worked over here without problems.
    Very frustrating... :smiling_face: