[solved] error compiling zd1211b-r222

• hi
    I've got this error on trying to compile DM800 image , oe1.6

Code
    NOTE: Running task 1407 of 2364 (ID: 1862, /home/hazem/dreambox/dm800/openembedded/recipes/zd1211/zd1211b_r222.bb, do_configure)
    NOTE: Running task 1408 of 2364 (ID: 1863, /home/hazem/dreambox/dm800/openembedded/recipes/zd1211/zd1211b_r222.bb, do_compile)
    ERROR: function do_compile failed

working on ubuntu 11.10

enclosed log

any hints please

thanks in advance

• This is just a suggestion, but I would have a look higher up the compilation attempt and try to fix any downloads that have failed. Several of the sites for compiling enigma2 are no longer available and you might have to obtain the source from somewhere else. Missing files can cause all sorts of compilation failures.

• thanks for response

I use sources from previous successful compilation , so the probability of failed download is minimal

thanks again

• Same problem here Compiling zd1211b_r222
    The problems comes from ubuntu 11 and 3.0 kernels: I solved it by installing 10.04 version.

I also see a possible solution in onother board (thanks alessioale) in changing the file ZD1211LnxDrv_2_22_0_0 in this way

and the bitbake file in this way

but I don't test it because I delete my ubuntu 11 installation.

Bye.

• thanks sdreammato

I tried that , but it did't work
    the Makefile needs to be patched by ZD1211LnxDrv_2_22_0_0.patch
    the new Makefile can't be patched

thanks

• oops , the new Makefile , is already patched ,
    but the new bb still refers to the patch file

still compilation fails

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hazem ()

• I notice in the log that there are several missing .h files. I would still suggest that you either try to find the missing files or delete your current build environment and start from scratch so everything gets downloaded fresh.
    Check whether the following files exist and if they do check permissions on the directories and files.

• no way to compile under ubuntu 11.10

but successfully compiled under ubuntu 10.04

so , it seems that kernel 3.0 of ubuntu 11.10 is cause of the failed compilation

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von hazem ()

• thanks to ghost , zd1211b-r222 buildfix