DLNA mediaserver functionality on the Dreambox/enigma2 ?.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

the upcoming enigma2 update will bring a bunch of improvements for the Media Renderer Demoplugin. It does now work pretty well here.
    The "track change nuisance" will also be fixed.
    There will also be a new Demoplugin called "enigma2-plugin-demoplugins-upnpmediaserverdemo" which provides bouquets and providers via a (2nd) dlna server.

• I have installed this upnpmediaserverdemo and there is a new server "Dreambox" in my wmp12.
    All the folders (Music, Videos and Pictures) are empty.
    Edit: Bouquets visible in "Playlists" but folders are empty.

Where is my mistake ?

Panasonic TX50-EXW784
    Panasonic SC-ALL70TEGK / SC-ALL2 wireless 5.1 Sundbar
    dm8000, dm7080, dm800sev2, dm900-dvb-s2-unicable, dm900-dvb-s2-multisat
    www.dreambox-tools.info Merlin-Project

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DerMicha ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is how it looks on android with BubbleUPnP.
    A lot of players and software for UPnP do pretty nasty stuff to sort the content the way they want it to be sorted, which can lead to none of the tv-stations ever showing up, neither in the orirignally implemented order nor in any other...
    On the first Screenshot you can see "Bookmarks" and "Virtual Folders" sections, that's basically what I'm talking about, except that that specific client offers them in addition and not exclusively.

• I'm using an current OpenPLi 3.0 image (that is based on OE 2.0) on a DM500HD box.

Installed the following packages (in order)

python-coherence_0.6.7-r4_mips32el.ipk (which in turn also downloaded and installed python-xmlrpc (2.7.2-r7.17) from OpenPLi repos)
    enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-upnp_3.999git20121210-r8.0_mips32el.ipk
    enigma2-plugin-demoplugins-upnpbrowserdemo_3.999git20121210-r8.0_mips32el.ipk
    enigma2-plugin-demoplugins-upnpmediarendererdemo_3.999git20121210-r8.0_mips32el.ipk

I get a couple of errors when navigating to Menu -> Plugins

Some plugins are not available:
    DemoPlugins/UPnPBrowserDemo (No module named DemoPlugins.UPnPBrowserDemo.plugin)
    DemoPlugins/UPnPMediaRendererDemo (No module named DemoPlugins.UPnPMediaRendererDemo.plugin)

No renderers are available when checking with BubbleUPnP from an Android phone.

Would it be possible to get the plugin working on OpenPLi as well? I'm able to help with gathering information and testing.

• why should dmm help you with pl*?

if you have an original dreambox, use a dmm image. then it will work ( maybe :winking_face: )
    afaik, openpl* uses dmm's oe 2.0 but pl*'s enigma2 is still oe 1.6 based so i don't think that this will work

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter

• I was under the impression from an earlier answer in this thread that questions came from other images as well. But I understand if DMM doesn't want to waste time and resources with these kind of problems.

Running original dm500hd so maybe I should try UPnP in the DMM image instead, or maybe Oozoon beta if the packages exists there. Thanks for explaining the issue though.

• Other images are ok as long as they use the same source. OpenPli has decided to stay on the old open source enigma2 branch (almost 1,5 years ago now). So there is a quite big gap between OpenPLIs version and the DMM version.

so long
    m0rphU

• Oh, didn't know that. Explains a lot. A bit OT even though it touches UPnP as well: Do you know which dm500hd images uses the new DMM version? [Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Hi, I am not sure...
    was trying to read the posts, but I am not able to see the current development of Homey's solution.
    What about twonky-server or other options?
    Is it in the meantime possible to send a live TV stream to a TV (in my case: UE32C8700) to be shown via TV-DLNA client?
    Are there some step by step explenations on working examples (not phones, I am only interested in a Samsung TV showing the live tv stream).
    Thanks in advance.

/// Samsung TV und DM8000 OE 2

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jochenthomas ()

• Activated this

• enigma2-plugin-demoplugins-upnpmediaserverdemo
    • enigma2-plugin-demoplugins-upnpbrowserdemo
    • enigma2-plugin-demoplugins-upnpmediarendererdemo
    • enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-upnp

and it works fine (can connect without hassle, can see the different live-streams), but my Samsung can not play those media types/formats.
    So is there a way to config the Stream-Output so the Samsung UE32C8700 will support this?
    Where I can see the error-log, so I have at least an idea what went wrong

• i activated

enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-upnp
    enigma2-plugin-demoplugins-upnpmediaserverdemo

now i see the new mediaserver, but when using my lg bp420 (which normaly plays everything) i get a "access to mediasserver not allowed" = "zugriff auf medienserver nicht zulässig" message when trying to access the mediaserver.

any idea?

• no, i dont know how to do a log. but if you point me in the right direction via pm i would try to.

i could also try to do a libcap / wireshark trace of the network traffic if i find some time if that helps.

• i did a tcpdump capture of the request packet sent from the lg bp420:

and the response from the dreambox:

HTTP
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK 
    Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 19:00:39 GMT 
    Content-Length: 1686 
    Content-Type: text/xml; charset="UTF-8" 
    Ext: 
    Server: Linux,3.2-dm8000,UPnP/1.0,Coherence UPnP framework,0.6.7 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><s:Envelope xmlns:ns0="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1" s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:s="&lt;DIDL-Lite'>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><s:Body><ns0:BrowseResponse><Result>&lt;DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:metadata-1-0" xmlns:pv="http://www.pv.com/pvns/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/"&gt;&lt;container id="0:1000" parentID="0" restricted="0"&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Bouquets (TV)&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.container&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:date&gt;2003-07-23T01:18:00+02:00&lt;/dc:date&gt;&lt;/container&gt;&lt;container id="0:1001" parentID="0" restricted="0"&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Anbieter (TV)&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.container&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:date&gt;1997-02-28T17:20:00+01:00&lt;/dc:date&gt;&lt;/container&gt;&lt;container id="0:1002" parentID="0" restricted="0"&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Bouquets (Radio)&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.container&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:date&gt;2003-07-23T01:18:00+02:00&lt;/dc:date&gt;&lt;/container&gt;&lt;container id="0:1003" parentID="0" restricted="0"&gt;&lt;dc:title&gt;Anbieter (Radio)&lt;/dc:title&gt;&lt;upnp:class&gt;object.container&lt;/upnp:class&gt;&lt;dc:date&gt;1999-09-19T04:12:00+02:00&lt;/dc:date&gt;&lt;/container&gt;&lt;/DIDL-Lite&gt;</Result><NumberReturned>4</NumberReturned><TotalMatches>4</TotalMatches><UpdateID>0</UpdateID></ns0:BrowseResponse></s:Body></s:Envelope>

does anyone have a idea?

it looks to me like there is some incompatibility there. the box seems to send everything ok, but the lg then has problems interpreting this :smiling_face:

i maybe have an idea:
    could it be that the lg can not interpret playlists?

the tv and radio bouquets are sent as "playlist" when i look onto the mediaserver with windows media player.
    wouldnt it make more sense to sens this as "video" and just create "subdirectories" like with the directory oriented listing for normal video files?

btw:
    playback of recoded video with minidlna and the lg bp420 works. but i didnt do a trace for it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

I think this is actually a bug in the upnp framework (python-coherence) that I've already fixed a while ago but it seems I've never pushed the new SRCREV for python-coherence in opendreambox 2.0.

The issue may be a little bit more visible if i show you the problematic part (have a look at the namespace definitions):

Code
    <DIDL-Lite 
        xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" 
        xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" 
        xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/" 
        xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" 
        xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:metadata-1-0" 
        xmlns:pv="http://www.pv.com/pvns/" 
        xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/">

The namespaces upnp and dc have been defined twice which breaks almost every xml-parser...
    You can have a look at the fix here: https://github.com/sreichholf/…24845ac7dd9e8135a7b7f6d67

In the original source none of the lines would be commented. But you could simply comment all of them and try again.
    I'm not sure it will work with these changes, but chances are good that at least the result/error will change somehow ;).

• removing the lines helped, i can now browse the bouquets.

nevertheless the lg tells me that the file is not supported/playable.

is there maybe also something different to mediatomb with the video filetype?

• Maybe you can see the the result from this short capture of the directory browsing with a windows media player pc.

it is the answer of mediatomb to the browse request of a folder created manually in mediatomb.

This fits with what you manually enter:

protocol: http-get
    class: object.item.videItem
    Mimetype: video/mpeg

nevertheless i will check with the lg on my mediatomb and post a trace as soon as i get to it.