new to this I need help

• Hi everyone , Just bought the MD800e HD PVR when I scan for channels it can not find any channels , internet connection is fine and all cable connected just the way it should. but its not finding anything, is there anything I need to do to have it working ?

regards

Mj

• Hi everyone , Just bought the MD800e HD PVR when I scan for channels it can not find any channels , internet connection is fine and all cable connected just the way it should. but its not finding anything, is there anything I need to do to have it working ?

Is this original 800se?

• thanks for your response guys

I really dont know what it needs to be done in the tuner configuration because I have tried to set up even the single LNB but even that its not appearing the cable is fine since I have tried it with other receivers.
    Yes this is original device I recently bought it from this website ,[Moderator]Link is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator] I believe its the official website in uk for dream box ,

When I go to menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration > and I select the only available tuner which is tuner A : Philips CU1216Mk3 (DVB-C) > it shows me the configuration mode as "nothing connected"
    I hope this would give a clue about what is missing .

Its really sad I have it for more than a week and I cant get it working :frowning_face:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• I'm afraid that shop is a huge fraud and you have been defrauded with a crappy and defect clone.

E.g. they're selling this: "Dreambox 500S Satellite Receiver Black(FTA+PATCH+CA+Cardsharing", which is definitively a clone, because:
    - 500s is out of production for years, so there can't be a new one in stores
    - "PATCH" yells to be a clone
    - selling a product with "CA+Cardsharing" is 100% not official and illegal
    - there is no imprint on the whole page
    - check the adress of the domains maintainer http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/ and think again :winking_face:

I would recommend reporting the shop to Dream-Multimedia (http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/report-illegal-dreambox), try to get the money back and going to the police.

P.S.: Please edit the link. Nobody needs advertises for fraud-shops.

so long
    m0rphU

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von m0rphU ()

• and just in case: Nothing connected means: There is a VEEERY OLD Image on this box. This entry sais "Nothing configured" in current images to show, that YOU have to select, what is connected there... the box can not automatically find out what is attached... but as said before: You cannot use this box at all, even if it is genuine, because its the wrong tuner (though you could of course buy the right tuner and exchange by yourself...

• omg I'm dumped so bad if its fake , I paid 178 pounds for it , I even dont know how I will get my money back :frowning_face: .

one question I used the genuine number on the satellite to check whether is genuine or no on the website it take the reference without resulting anything whether its right or wrong how is that possible ?

• OMG... 178 pounds is far below the regular price of a genuine DM800se. I've showed you various indicators that this shop isn't legitimate, but the price is the ultimate sign. I guess you have poor chances getting your money back. I'd start by contacting the dealer but this will most probably have no effect. Then you can go to police and try to press charges against them.
    Anyway, 90% you're money is gone, but you learned this the hard way now. Just think twice and check the shop next time before you give them your money.

Legitimate shops in the UK can be found at the following official page by DMM:
    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv…=&field_zip_value=&title=

And yes, for any genuine dreambox the authenticity test should return a big approval, that the box is ok. Any other result, says that is fake, definitively!
    And on a real dreambox there is no "genuine number" on the box. There is a plugin that genereates the code preinstalled on the box.

so long
    m0rphU