Voice Over

• [size=12] Dreambox 800 hd pvr I have recently bought an LG TV and it has a disability facility on the menu which enables people with hearing and impaired sight problems to have a sort of "over voice " which is like a narrator describing the scenes as the TV programme is broadcast, I was able to de-activate this on the LG TV , however I have got this on my DREAMBOX 800 HD PVR and really don't know how to sort this out How do I de-activate this ?? All help will be appreciated [/size] :upside_down_face:

• On the DM8000 its on the yellow button, gives you the options for downmix on and off etc and language selection including NAR (thats the service you want to disable).

DM 8000 Beta Tester

• On the DM8000 its on the yellow button, gives you the options for downmix on and off etc and language selection including NAR (thats the service you want to disable).

Thanks Sandra for that information, a few more items on the Audio you may be able to answer are :

a) what does AC3 stand for and what exactly does it do ?
    b ) should AC3 be on or off ?
    c ) under normal viewing what should my audio selections be ?

Thank you I hope I have explained myself correctly

:smiling_face::smiling_face:

• a) AC3 = Dolby Digital take a look at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC3

b) With AC3-Downmix turned on, the box makes a analog/stereo signal out of any Dolby Digital stream.

c) If you have a Audio/Video-Receiver with 5.1 sorround sound your choice should be: AC3 standard yes, AC3 downmix no
    if you just want to have sound on you TV, make the exact opposite settings...

so long
    m0rphU