Enigma Signal Meter - Krkadoni Edition

• [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.krkadoni.com/log/wp…/uploads/2011/09/esm2.jpg]

First release of Enigma Signal Meter was quite popular, but it was buggy, lacked support for many different Enigma 1 and Enigma 2 flavors, had no support for multitasking, had confusing and different interface for E1 & E2 receivers. That's why new Enigma Signal Meter - Krkadoni Edition was born.

Description:

Fast, small, portable, simple and free application for Enigma 1 / Enigma 2 satellite receivers, build to help you align you satellite dish to perfection.

Features:

• SUPPORTS ALL currently existing dreambox receivers and images
    • same simple interface used for Enigma1 and Enigma2 boxes (originally they are quite different)
    • full background processing (running tasks will not hang application)
    • small & portable (doesn't require installation and can be run from USB stick)
    • autoupdate (offers to update when new version is available)
    • voice reading of signal levels (uses default Windows voice)
    • signal beeping (beeps signal with frequency depending on signal level)
    • works remotely (just forward web port and you can connect from anywhere

Requirements

Enigma 1 or Enigma 2 based satellite receivers with running Web interface (WebIf)

• Network connection between receiver and computer
    • Windows XP or higher
    • .NET Framework 3.5
    • 1 MB of free disk space

So far tested and working on:

- DM500
    - DM500HD
    - DM600
    - DM7000
    - DM7020
    - DM7025
    - DM800
    - DM800SE
    - DM8000

For best results when searching (faster response time):
    - don't search while zapped on HD channels
    - don't search while recording
    - don't search while receiver's web interface is open in web browser
    - don't search if you have other plugins running
    - generally avoid anything that slows down your receiver

Thanks to all people on Satelitski Forum who tested.

DOWNLOAD

• Hi,

the SignalMeter.exe does not start at all? I use XP-Pro 32bit with installed Net Framework. The WebIF is running. What is wrong with my system?

Greetings.
    Klaus

• Do you have .NET Framework 3.5 version ?
    Try dowloading it from HERE and reinstall.

Application doesn't require any additional library's, no one reported such problems.
    Also, try to download application again.

• Do you have .NET Framework 3.5 version ?
    Try dowloading it from HERE and reinstall.

Application doesn't require any additional library's, no one reported such problems.
    Also, try to download application again.

Hi shax,

your program does not start on my notebook running XP Pro with NET Framework 3.5. But I can use your tool successfully on my Desktop pc running Win 7 64 bit.

No idea, what's wrong with my notebook (virusprotection was shut off).

Greetings
    Klaus

• I'm really sorry to hear you have problems, but i have no idea what could be a problem.
    I also have application called "SplitThisList" (also published here) which has installation procedure and will install automatically anything it finds missing.
    Maybe try installing it first just to make sure framework is running fine, and after that try running signal meter again.
    I really have no other idea since no users reported similar problems.

• I'm really sorry to hear you have problems, but i have no idea what could be a problem.
    I also have application called "SplitThisList" (also published here) which has installation procedure and will install automatically anything it finds missing.
    Maybe try installing it first just to make sure framework is running fine, and after that try running signal meter again.
    I really have no other idea since no users reported similar problems.

Hi shax,

thank you for your support. "SplitThisList" works well on my notebook, but no chance to start SignalMeter :frowning_face: Virus software is turned off, also tried with boot in save mode ...

Well, no problem, I can use my other computer.

An other question: is it possible that SignalMeter uses an unused tuner for testing? Every time I play around with SignalMeter my wife cries because the tv swiches to an other channel imediately.

Greetings
    Klaus

• If you installed and run SplitThisList that makes it even more odd :wacko:

Unfortunately, application does not have direct access to Enigma functions, it uses Web interface to control Enigma.
    I know this is not solution to your problem but your wife could start recording current channel so Enigma will use free tuner to ZAP.

Best regards.