Buying Drambox for use with viaccess card

• Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the world of "tinkering with your satellite box" world. But I am excited just by reading this forum. I am a native German speaker, but since I live in the UK have become utterly rubbish at writing German, so please feel free to reference German threads or answer in German.
    I am basically trying to make a one-channel satellite subscription available on any computer on my LAN. Hence, HD nor storage capacity is important. The box really just needs an ethernet port, the "antenna in" port and viaccess card slot. The cheaper the better :smiling_face:
    Could anyone advise me which dreambox models support viaccess cards?
    Failing that, which models can be made to support viaccess cards and how?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

• Could anyone advise me which dreambox models support viaccess cards?

keine einzige. Dream-Multimedia hat nur Lizenzen für Dreamcrypt-Karten

not one. Dream only have a licence for its own cards

Failing that, which models can be made to support viaccess cards and how?

jede die einen Cardreader hat.
    Viel mehr kann man dazu im Board des Herstellers nicht sagen.

every one with a reader.
    Please use Google to search the information, sorry

With best regards
    Murray

• you can get it working with the internal readers too, but you have to use 3rd party software for this and it's not allowed to discuss those kind of software here for legal reasons :winking_face:

For those external USB Reader you need this kind of software too ... look somewhere else for answers, it's simply not allowed here :neutral_face:

Or you have to use a big Box like DM800 with CI Module Support and use an alphacrypt module or whatever supports your card :winking_face:

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Homey ()

• I use two AlphaCrypt CI Modules on my Dreambox DM8000 PVR, one for SRG ACCESS Card (Viacess Swiss TV) and the other one for Sky Germany here in Switzerland.

Regards obraendl

dm7020hdv1
    dm7080hd
    dm820hd