Subtitiles on films recorded to internal HDD

• Hello,

I am using DM800se with [Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator]but this seems to be a general Enigma2 bug.

Recently I have been recording some films from Sky Movies bouquet from Sky UK, using timer or red button.
    Now I wanted to watch them, with subtitles turned on.
    I was very surprised to see that the subtitles appear several seconds too early throughout the film when watched from HDD.
    There is no such problem when watching directly from satellite.
    Perhaps not all channels have this error but most, I think, do.

Could you please look into this?
    Thanks.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Anyone can confirm that subtitles appear too early on movies recorded to HDD?
    Or is it just my problem?

If somebody could record to HDD a couple of minutes of any Sky UK channel which broadcasts subtitles (HD movie channels or whatever) and then play it from HDD, you will notice that the subtitles appear 3-4 seconds too early. So watching recorded films with subtitles becomes a nightmare.
    Can somebody check that, please?
    Thanks in advance.

• Sorry, but I do not have Sky.
    On the other hand, NOT ONE record from BBC (one, two, three) has
    problems with "early" subtitles (and subtitles are enabled by default
    when playing BBC recordings here).
    Do you have the poblem with Sky only?

DM900 SS, DM8000SSSS
    Kein Support per PN! Nutzt das Forum zum Fragen, dann haben auch andere etwas davon.

• I have this problem on almost all Sky UK channels apart from Channel 4 HD which is FREE and easily available in Europe. It works OK perhaps because it is not scrambled?
    I have problems with subtitles on Polish channels, too. I cannot check any other channels (such as Sky Germany) because I have no access to them. :frowning_face:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

the problem is simply that some providers don't send timing information for the subtitles (no PTS in PES header).

At live mode this is not important because audio/video/subtitles are synced by the transmission speed (the buffers runs almost empty at live mode) and the PCR.

But in Playback mode this is a big problem because in playback mode we have large audio/video buffers and they are running nearly full. The data path is only throttled when one decoder buffer is full.

I dont have any idea how to fix that.... sorry... the easyiest fix is to ask the provider.

cu

• http://www.dream-multimedia-tv…php?page=User&userID=1122Ghost, thank you very much for your detailed reply.
    If it is a problem on the provider's side, the only thing that comes to my mind (beside contacting the provider, which you suggested) is to introduce an option for "subtitle delay" by 1-2-3-4-5-6 seconds.
    But I'm afraid my proposal will not be at the top of "the things to do" because it concerns only some providers. :frowning_face:
    Anyway, if you find this option easy to do, I would really appreciate it if you thought about introducing it.
    Thank you.
    Robinson

• Hi,

I have the same problem with Sky Italy.

I also would really appreciate if someone can introduce a synch subtitles feature in the next firmware!

• Yes, but I am using a different image ant the team has a policy of not modifying Enigma2 code and they refer us to Dream Multimedia for such modification.
    It would really be great to have an option of delaying subtitles in steps of 1 second, by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 seconds.
    Thanks in advance because I do not want to use PLI.

• You can still build your own image and use the patch from PLi... I'm the auther from this part of the code for PLi. Hereby DMM is allowed to use it so every image could profit from it. It is a relatively simple patch in /lib/services/servicedvb.cpp (excluding the way to make this configurable).

• Unfortunately, the image I am using does not have a file called servicedvb.cpp.
    It does not even have a folder named services in lib folder. :frowning_face:

• Dear Ghost,
    Do you think you could implement the solution provided by Littlesat in your Enigma2 CVS code so that all images could take advantage of this?
    Thanks in advance.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Robinson ()

• Its a long time since this problem was reported and .... ?

I am a new User of the Dreambox 7020HD and with mie OE2.0 i still have the problem with "early subtitles" on ORF HD recordings.

Its really annoying!
    We often use subtitles because my wife cannot hear very well!
    Is it so a big problem to add an option for a fixed delay to the subtitles?

No change to get a fix ?

• With 2SUB it was possible to delay subtitles with a few seconds but that plugin doesn't work with new images.

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

• With 2SUB it was possible to delay subtitles with a few seconds but that plugin doesn't work with new images.

Das wär genau das was ich dringend bräuchte ... wie ich sehe gab es da aber schon lange keine Updates mehr. Sieht also schlecht aus.

Allerdings wäre es schon schön wenn die Box die Subs bei Aufnahmen von sich aus richtig wiedergeben könnte.

• Don't expect any new versions of 2SUB because author don't have time anymore to develop it.
    And then there is reasons like closed enigma2 source too.

Dreambox 8000CC, Epson TW3200 with Euroscreen Black Grey 86", Pioneer VSX-1017, AMD A8-3850, OpenSUSE 12.1, EeePC 900, Xbox, Playstation 3

• Zitat

You can still build your own image and use the patch from PLi... I'm the auther from this part of the code for PLi. Hereby DMM is allowed to use it so every image could profit from it. It is a relatively simple patch in /lib/services/servicedvb.cpp (excluding the way to make this configurable).

Ghost.
    Is it possible to get this fixed in new 2.0 image from DMM.
    This is something a lot of people who have drembox want to be fixed.

Regards
    force1030s

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD