Driverbug DM8000 (broken startcode)?

• Hello,

Rarely when doing 2 or more recordings at the same time (at the moment another timer starts or stops) the picture freezes and the remote doesn't respond to commands. I decided to log enigma2 what is happening and the only thing I can see is:
    broken startcode
    broken startcode
    broken startcode
    broken startcode
    broken startcode
    etc. (before the first broken startcode is no other error, only normal operations)

Telnet still works so it's not the whole box has crashed, but it seems to be driver related (enigma2 suddenly doesn't get a correct transport stream anymore). I see this happen in 2 DM8000 which both have 2 DVB-C tuners (in addition to the 2 DVB-S2 tuners).

Can this be looked at/solved?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

i think your cable provider sends scrambled stuff.. and you need / have a smartcard to descramble?

In normal case one card can only descramble one service. Some CIs can descramble more than one service.. but with the limitation that all this services must delivered on the same transponder.

So this Problem is not a Problem of the DM8000. It is a generall Problem.

cu

• Hello Ghost,

It is true my cable provider sends scrambled channels, but I rarely record from my cable provider. When it happened yesterday I was recording 2 programmes on different transponders from satellite and was watching cable. The problem was there when another recording started (also on satellite) and I didn't switch channels or anything with the cable. Also I don't use a CI, [Moderator] violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()