DM 800 HD PVR problem with HD TV channels

• Dear,

I bought the DM 800 HD PVR 6 months ago, and since day one I am facing a problem when changing the tuner to watch HD TV channels. Each time I want to watch HD channels, the DM 800 HD PVR software starts to reboot as if it is reinstalling the system software for the first time. During the rebooting process, the DM 800 HD PVR Red lamp keeps blinking till it ends.

Did you face similar problem? Can you direct me to someone who can help me finding a solution to this problem?

I saw few feedbacks on DM 800 HD PVR and HD TV channels but because they are written in German language, it is difficult for me to understand.

Thanks for yr help,

AAA

• did you already try to reinstall everything, e.g. flashing a new image/firmware on your box ? You would lose all your settings and stuff on your box but after that you have everything up-to-date and reinstalled. It should hopefully work fine again then. If not ... it could also be a hardware problem. Never hear about a problem like this, not even in german. So I guess it's either a software problem and some stuff is messed up in your system (most likely), or it's a hardware problem (unlikely)

I would suggest to use official DMM Experimental Images, using OE 1.6 ... which can be found here:
    http://dreamboxupdate.com/opendreambox/1.6/dm800/images/

And here it's described how to install everything:
    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv…flashing-firmware-browser

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• Hi Everyone,

The DM 800 HD PVR problem with HD TV channels is not occuring with me, my friends are facing similar/another problem, HD TV channels are always being interrupted/freezes and they try to move from one channel to the other but finally they gave up and avoid HD TV channels. It happens with Sky HD channels. Is it related to the servers we are using? do you recommend better server?

Did someone heard about a brand called "CMAX", feedback from onwers that all channels (HD) are streaming very well.

Thanks

• HI, I have the same issue... tried to install different fws, etc.. but there is no solution.
    I read on the Italian forum that some guys returned the box due to HW issues.
    I have contacted the supplier and they will have to check the box.
    Most likely it is a "chinese" soldering... :-)))

Pls, if you find the way to fix it, pls share.
    Thanks

• Hi Guysm i have the same problem too sice yesterday. Some of the HD Channels like RTL HD, Sat1HD, ErsteHD, and some Sky HD Channels have freezers. I have flashed a new Image (not a exp. from DMM) but the problem is still there.
    But sime other Sky HD Channels works well, so I there a drive problem maybe?

• sorry but all these channels works without any problems on an original dreambox with latest cvs image. last month we have a guy here reported some problems with network. it was a crappy clone box. so if you have a box from a cheap chinese dealer, try to get support from him ...

mfg

OoZooN

Support für OoZooN Images gibt es auf forum.oozoon.de , nicht hier!

Two Beer or not two Beer, thats the Question

Aktuelle Nachrichten rund um OoZooN-Images gibt es auf Twitter

• OoZooN

nein hab definitiv eine originale Dm 800! Das Problem besteht seit vorgestern Abend. Habe da was aufgenommen udn die Box danach nicht ausgeschaletet bzw. runtergefahren...sollte eigntlich auch keine Problem sein, aber zum Ende der Aufnahme gab es nur noch Freezer und vom Bild war quais nix mehr zu erkennen.

• dann hast du wohl eher probleme beim entschlüsseln, aber da der großteil der sender, die du erwähnst, eh nicht legal auf einer 800 zu empfangen sind, bist du hier definitiv falsch.

mfg

OoZooN

• Es geht ja nicht darum ob was illegal ist oder nicht, wenn ich ne Sky karte habe und/oder ne HD+ Karte, und ein Teil der HD Sender nicht funktioniert, muss es ja wo dran liegen?!

Also entweder Hardware oder Software. Ich tippe mal auf Hardware, da ja uch kein ERSTE HD und kein ZWEITE HD funktioniert und die sind ja bekanntlich öffentlich rechtlich und somit frei empfangbar oder ewta nicht?!

• Hi Guysm i have the same problem too sice yesterday. Some of the HD Channels like RTL HD, Sat1HD, ErsteHD, and some Sky HD Channels have freezers. I have flashed a new Image (not a exp. from DMM) but the problem is still there.
    But sime other Sky HD Channels works well, so I there a drive problem maybe?

That is another issue... not the same we are discussing in this post.
    Issue is linked with box rebooting when on HD channel, any HD channel! (It's not a fw issue, it's HW!)
    Does anybody faced with this issue and solved?
    Thanks for sharing

• Es geht ja nicht darum ob was illegal ist oder nicht, wenn ich ne Sky karte habe und/oder ne HD+ Karte, und ein Teil der HD Sender nicht funktioniert, muss es ja wo dran liegen?!

Also entweder Hardware oder Software. Ich tippe mal auf Hardware, da ja uch kein ERSTE HD und kein ZWEITE HD funktioniert und die sind ja bekanntlich öffentlich rechtlich und somit frei empfangbar oder ewta nicht?!

es ist nicht legal sky zu empfangen, weil die dream keine zertifizierte sky box ist und ein ci slot fehlt -> somit sind wir beim softcam = illegal -> boardregeln!
    es ist also völlig belanglos, welche karten du offiziell aboniert hast.

natürlich kann ein hardwareproblem vorliegen. an der box software liegt es nicht und am satempfang auch nicht. nur, wenn du ein hardwareproblem hast, dann brauchst du hier auch nicht rum zu diskutieren, weil das problem davon nicht weg geht. da musst du dann ein ticket ziehen und die box einschicken.

mfg

OoZooN

• es ist nicht legal sky zu empfangen, weil die dream keine zertifizierte sky box ist und ein ci slot fehlt -> somit sind wir beim softcam = illegal -> boardregeln!
    es ist also völlig belanglos, welche karten du offiziell aboniert hast.

Moin, da hast du nicht ganz unrecht^^. Hat aber auch nix mit dem Thema zutun. Dann diskturien wir einfach nur über ERSTE HD und ZWEITE HD, denn da ist ja das selbe Problem. Habe noch einen Tuner daheim und werde das mal umbauen heute abend und berichten. Habe zudem auch ein Tiket bei DMM aufgemacht.

Mal sehn was die dazu sagen.

• Hi everyone and thanks for yr feedback,

I would like to clarify one thing, we are discuassing two different issues but DM800 is common, the first issue, which is happening to me, is related to rebooting of the DM800 box each time i tune to any HD channels. I saw some feedback about clone box, I logged into DM website and checked my box and it is original, and actually it was bought from German authorized dealer of DM. Can someone help? and please use English because some of us do not speak/read German, Thanks.

The second issue is related to freezing of HD channels with DM800, can someone help with this too?

Thanks for yr recommendations,

• i can't confirm your problems. i have no problems watching any hd channel i could receive. as software i use always the latest cvs version. so if you have this problem also with the latest software, you should better send it for repair. and for sure do the test on free channels without any softcam or something else which could be causes your trouble.

mfg

OoZooN

• Thanks for yr feedback OoZoon,

Please be informed that I can see El Jezirah sport HD channel with no single problem, it happenes with SKY channels on Hot Bird.

Rgds,

• Thanks for yr feedback OoZoon,

Please be informed that I can see El Jezirah sport HD channel with no single problem, it happenes with SKY channels on Hot Bird.

Rgds,

Did you try on Sky Germany Astra? You will notice the same rebooting.
    In case you can read italian, this is the link
    [[Moderator] Link is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator]
    That guy to fix the issue, he had to send the box to repair the MB... but what???
    Thanks for "sharing"...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• sky germany hd on astra 19.2° east works without any problem on my dm800 with a legal subsciption card!

mfg

OoZooN

• Hi everyone and thanks for yr feedback,

I can't read Italian, so if you can help with more info on the italian case and what was the course of action.

Regarding legal subscription cards, can we take this topic offline, I need to chat with more details, what is the best for you? maybe through e-mail, please advise.

Thanks,

• sky germany hd on astra 19.2° east works without any problem on my dm800 with a legal subsciption card!

it's no matter of the card (legal of course)... it's matter of the HW fault!
    question is where/what is the HW fault?