Play DVD (ISO files) via MediaPlayer

• Is it possible to play DVD (ISO files) via MediaPlayer somehow? Maybe using a redirect to the enigma2 DVD Player plugin?

If not - Is it possible to change the code to enable this (I'm a developer by profession, mostly into C#, C++ nowadays)?

• Do you know the Dreamexplorer Plugin, where you browse in your storedevices and selekt diff. Mediafiles and the plugin start depend of the Mediaformat the assigned Player :
    e.g. VIDEO_TS/*.ISO / *.VOB ... ISO the DVD-Player
    e.g. *.mp3 a modified MP3 Player / Mediaplayer
    e.g. *.ts the Videoplayer

Did you ever made a look into this plugin ?
    maybe it's the right inspiration for you ...

DM8000 HD, (sata) HDD + (sata) SSD - DeLOCK + (usb) Stick, OoZooN OE2.0 (flash)
    QNAP TS-209 Pro, TS-409U, TS-219P
    40'' LCD Toshiba 40ZF355D
    AV : Logitech Z-5500 Digital

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von SiennaRoot ()

• it's not possible. at the maximum you'll be able to playback dvd mpeg 2 video content with the media player using the gstreamer framework. but actual dvd iso's containing menus and stuff will not work in the mediaplayer. that's what we have the dvdplayer plugin for.

• Didn't know about Dream Explorer at all. Seems to do everything I wished for. Got to try it out tonight, thanks for the hint.

You know if the source code of the plugin is available somewhere (even though it seems nice enough)? There's always things to improve or customize :kissing_face:

• it's not possible. at the maximum you'll be able to playback dvd mpeg 2 video content with the media player using the gstreamer framework. but actual dvd iso's containing menus and stuff will not work in the mediaplayer. that's what we have the dvdplayer plugin for.

I guessed so far as well. Would be nice if Media Player would show and redirect ISO files to the DVD player plugin (if installed) though. The Dream Explorer plugin seems nice enough in any case.

Just want one GUI to play all media. Otherwise it gets somewhat backwards - You got to know what you want to play (avi or iso) and then start the correct plugin (mediaplayer or dvdplayer) to execute.

Cool thing about Media Player is that it's callable through WEBIF commands which makes it possible to write a third party (f.ex. web) application that controls the playback. That would be mmmassive!

• Didn't know about Dream Explorer at all. Seems to do everything I wished for. Got to try it out tonight, thanks for the hint.

You know if the source code of the plugin is available somewhere (even though it seems nice enough)? There's always things to improve or customize :kissing_face:

Open the ipk with 7zip and have a look ... I think it's pyhton code at all.

DM8000 HD, (sata) HDD + (sata) SSD - DeLOCK + (usb) Stick, OoZooN OE2.0 (flash)
    QNAP TS-209 Pro, TS-409U, TS-219P
    40'' LCD Toshiba 40ZF355D
    AV : Logitech Z-5500 Digital

• Fraxinas, Zenox,

Is that link still valid or currently used?
    May I ask how I could get this into the DM8000, and will it work/be sufficient to play DVDs?
    THanks for the work and feedback!

Regards,
    LucDM

• you should be able to just log in via telnet
    then do

Code
    ipkg update
    ipkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-dvdplayer

you can play dvd isos with this
    if you want to play actual retail dvd, you will need a third-party library named libdvdcss