A Dreambox finally tuned to perfection(?)

• I bought my first Dreambox (7000) in 2002.

My current Dreambox (800, costing now about 400€) is now tuned and performing pretty close to perfection.
    There is not much room for improvement for my needs any longer, the Dreambox is now, finally, doing all i could wish for, after a looooong testphase by countless trials and errors of about 7.5 years...

Here are the specs that make me happy:

- Dreambox 800 equipped with a 33€ Hauppauge Nova-T USB stick, allowing me to watch and record terrestial channels too
    - T90 dish with 8 satellite positions
    - Currently installed to 800´s flash memory is [Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator], with DMConcinnity-HD skin
    - I use this image daily because it´s the ONLY current oe1.6 based image which works with the very essential plugin for me: Suomipoeka 0.96 (for managing recordings etc)
    - All the recordings (SD, HD, terrestial, radiochannels etc.) are saved into a 4tb external NAS hard drive (E-Trayz NAS, 99€ + 2 * 2TB hard disks for about 175 € each)
    - All the recorded programs can be viewed (and ads fastforwarded/skipped) in different rooms with Xtreamer media streamers, costing 99€
    - If a program is recording, i can watch the ongoing recording instantly in another room immediately without any problems

Now the only improvement i can think to add is a plugin which performs background searching from EPG data and generates new recordings (timers) according to search rules like program name or description. This can be done with AutoRecorder plugin.
    I'm not quite sure whether AutoRecorder supports oe1.6 based images and satellite setups consisting of multiple positions and thousands of channels though.

So, there are still some things to improve like 100% working subtitling in E2, but we are close :smiling_face:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von floh ()

• Congrats to your rig.

I, too, am very satisfied with my DM800. A few shortcomings bug me at times, such as missing divx support. But I am not complaining, cuz things have developed since I bought mine.

I LOVE the possibility to tune my box. Just recently I have modified a software that controls an ambient light for the TV (matches colors of TV screen content), called ATMOLIGHT. Also, I kept my DM7020 as a distant virtual tuner for the DM800 giving me twin tuner capability.

In short: the concept of a open Linux Receiver with a great community is fantastic.

Mamba