Dreambox 800 HD PVR supports Dolby Digital + audio?

• Here in Spain we have already some TV channel that are using Dolby Digital + ("DD+") for the audio. I think that the European FULL HD Standard (like and RFC) fixes that the audio has to be "DD+" and I think that the dreambox 800 hd pvr chipset supports DD+, but i cannot hear these channels audio..

So, suppots the Dreambox 800 HD PVR the DD+ decoding and hearing? trhought which drivers package?

thanks in advance... cheers! :grinning_squinting_face:

-------------------------------------------------------
    - I've asked about somehting 30393928 times.
    - 0 answer
    - 30393928 posts closed
    - Will ever continue asking till answered

• There were some Threads in this forum stating that DMM works on it, but they have to wait for Broadcom (chip manufacturer) to apply the neccesary changes in microcode or something...

so long
    m0rphU

• As m0rphU explained, the DM800/8000 are not powerful enough to decode DD+ (or AC3+) in software, so DM needs to obtain specific microcode from Broadcom (provider of the main processor) to decode it in hardware. Unfortunately, the situation has been like this for several months, DM being unable to give an estimated milestone. We are not informed whether it is Broadcom that is dragging its feet for unkown reasons (money ???) or DM that considers this implementation as a lower priority and does not put pressure on Broadcom to get the required microcode.

• As m0rphU explained, the DM800/8000 are not powerful enough to decode DD+ (or AC3+) in software, so DM needs to obtain specific microcode from Broadcom (provider of the main processor) to decode it in hardware. Unfortunately, the situation has been like this for several months, DM being unable to give an estimated milestone. We are not informed whether it is Broadcom that is dragging its feet for unkown reasons (money ???) or DM that considers this implementation as a lower priority and does not put pressure on Broadcom to get the required microcode.

So "Dreambox 800 HD PVR" doesn't complains the European FULL HD Standards, is it?

Cheers!

- 0 answer
    - 30393928 posts closed

• An " European FULL HD Standard" does not exist.

Sorry my friend, i think it's called European HDTV standar, and i think it maybe has been edited by EBU, www.ebu.ch ¿?

I've found the HDTV 'standard' established by EICTA (where it's recommended the use of DD+ for audio)

http://www.digitaleurope.org/f…1080p_qualifier_logos.pdf

Even EBU and EUCTA are not european gubernamental organizations... here in Spain, our laws are mandatory with our Public gubernamental tv (RTVE) and they have to follow all the EBU and EICTA recomendations...

Cheers!

- 0 answer
    - 30393928 posts closed

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von dabezt ()

• Dream Multimedia guys, please, could you let us know something about this issue?

- 0 answer
    - 30393928 posts closed

• I have read somewhere regarding the dreambox unable to support an asian satellite service with AAC audio. From what I remember reading in the forum, dreambox said clearly that it does not support AAC audio codec. Not even a mention of support through (firmware) update.

• IMHO I doubt that any existing DM boxes will get DD+ update unless specified in the sales specifications. Or if DM has a history of adding such functionality in the past then I am wrong. Already DM shows no commitment to fixing existing issues like this and many more unanswered discussions throughout this forum.

DD+ as a feature is clearly a selling point for new AV receivers, film discs and TVs. I am pretty sure you and I will have to wait and invest in the future DM boxes to arrive. I must say asking for such an "update" is very naive of you, despite being in the same boat as you.

PS: DD+ capability depends on the HDMI version of the DM800, which I'm unsure of. However I got some data regarding such capability:

Zitat

V1.0 - two-channel PCM audio up to 48kHz/24-bit including standard Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1 bitstreams.
    V1.1 - up to 8-channel PCM audio up to 192kHz/24-bit.
    V1.2 - as V1.1, plus DSD audio (for SACD) at 1.824Gb/s.
    V1.3 - (proposed) as above, plus Dolby Digital+ and DTS-HD enhanced audio.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von windozer ()

• Dream Multimedia guys, please, could you let us know something about this issue? Thnx!

- 0 answer
    - 30393928 posts closed

• Hiya my Dream Multimedia friends,

please, could you let us know something about this issue? when we will be able to listen the DD+ audio channels with our Dreambox dm 800 hd?

Thnx!!

- 0 answer
    - 30393928 posts closed

• 09/10/2010 Update:

Hiya my Dream Multimedia friends,

please, could you let us know something about this issue? when we will be able to listen the DD+ audio channels with our Dreambox dm 800 hd?

Thnx!!

- 0 answer
    - 30393928 posts closed

• No news???? how many time have we to wait for???

Why DM 800 HD is called HD if not follows the European HD standards?

Thanks. Cheers.

- 0 answer
    - 30393928 posts closed

• Please Dream Multimedia, could you explain all of us that have bought and 'expensive' DM 800 HD PVR box why we haven't yet support for Dolby Digital +? And when do you plan to have already it ?

Thanks in advance. Regards.

- 0 answer
    - 30393928 posts closed

• I think it will be the end of Dreambox brand.

I have 2 and at the end of the Year if the problem will not be solved, i will sell them and buy another brand of receivers.

• I think it will be the end of Dreambox brand.

I have 2 and at the end of the Year if the problem will not be solved, i will sell them and buy another brand of receivers.

Im From Spain and unfortunately i TRUSTED in dreambox .... all channels in our country are changing to DD+ and we haven't notice or suggestion from DM TEAM .... we hope any request from any expert ......
    we still waiting ....

• Im From Spain and unfortunately i TRUSTED in dreambox .... all channels in our country are changing to DD+ and we haven't notice or suggestion from DM TEAM .... we hope any request from any expert ......
    we still waiting ....

I think the solution to this problem is to sell our dreambox and buy another brand which has audio DD+ support (Vu, Gigablue...), because I think DMM will not ever buy that license and if we want to see the HD channels with DD + audio of Spain, DMM is not going to give support to this...

Is a shame, but true.