Is Dreambox 3D Ready ?

• hello
    some packages will launch new 3D channels soon, some channels are already available on 28.2E and 9E
    is Dreambox capable of broadcasting 3D channels as it should? assuming that we have 3D Ready HDTV and 3D glasses?
    thank you

• thanks for the answer
    Im just wondering why I didn't get an answer from a moderator or developer

'cause moderators don't answer questions, they moderate :winking_face: and developers should develope instead answering every question through the board...

so long
    m0rphU

• I see, It doesnt hurt for them to say, we don't know yet
    there are some 3D TV out there, anyone has tried the few 3D channels using dreambox HD and 3D glasses?

• next week on the anga cable DMM will show a software update for the dm8000, which makes the box 3d ready!

how about DM800? if they don't update all HD units, It would be very disapointing
    better not update anything than just one unit

• You're joking, right?

no I'm not, why would they update one unit but no others, I don't think It's hardware capability, then they would update dm8000 and dm500HD but not DM800
    I hope they will make themself clear and give some statements about 3D soon

• no I'm not, why would they update one unit but no others, I don't think It's hardware capability, then they would update dm8000 and dm500HD but not DM800
    I hope they will make themself clear and give some statements about 3D soon

If there is no hardware capability, then I don't think, that DMM will keep back the function for the box.
    Maybe it is just shown on the DM8k because it's DMM's "big one". :winking_face:

Greetz,
    Mr. P

• If there is no hardware capability, then I don't think, that DMM will keep back the function for the box.
    Maybe it is just shown on the DM8k because it's DMM's "big one". :winking_face:

well, ALjazeera Sport has it's own 3D channel on 7W, It's advertising that It would work for JSC Sport subscribers via their Humax HD receiver, so why Humax HD which is non linux is 3D ready, but not DM800HD DM500HD !!! :confused_face: , at the same time DM8000HD is ready
    I hope DMM will not be so silly and update the DM8000 only to boost their sales, well It's not a great strategy, few people will afford 3D HDTV anyways, so buying both 3D HDTV and DM8000 is very hard to achieve and will be limited to few people only

• well, ALjazeera Sport has it's own 3D channel on 7W, It's advertising that It would work for JSC Sport subscribers via their Humax HD receiver, so why Humax HD which is non linux is 3D ready, but not DM800HD DM500HD !!! :confused_face: , at the same time DM8000HD is ready
    I hope DMM will not be so silly and update the DM8000 only to boost their sales, well It's not a great strategy, few people will afford 3D HDTV anyways, so buying both 3D HDTV and DM8000 is very hard to achieve and will be limited to few people only

Every HD-Receiver is 3D-Ready if it already can display the side-by-side Signal.
    The only advantage you have with an 3D-Update is the automatic switching of your TV to 3D-Mode (pseudo HDMI 1.4 via DVI?).
    If you don't have this update you just have to switch your TV manually to 3D-Mode!

• next week on the anga cable DMM will show a software update for the dm8000, which makes the box 3d ready!

Hey nobody has said the DM8000 are 3D Ready by Software Update.
    Dream can just as well release a new version of there DM8000 receiver

In Betrieb
    Dreambox 920uhd-S2X/C
    Ausser Betrieb
    Dreambox 7080HD-S2/C / 8000-S2

• thanks for clearing this up
    sounds good then, It's just weird than DMM don't say anything about upcoming 3D
    we'll wait and see

Every HD-Receiver is 3D-Ready if it already can display the side-by-side Signal.
    The only advantage you have with an 3D-Update is the automatic switching of your TV to 3D-Mode (pseudo HDMI 1.4 via DVI?).
    If you don't have this update you just have to switch your TV manually to 3D-Mode!

• Hi guys,
    You should have a look here about DVI and 3D : http://www.rixlabs.com/en/news/show/id/46
    "Now, let’s look at what we know from the present. First, HDMI 1.2, 1.3 and DVI are all compatible. The current 120Hz 1080p 3D graphics cards found in servers output either 2X DVI, 2X HDMI 1.2, or a single dual link DVI cable."
    "To support the highest-quality 3D sources and displays, we suggest you pull a minimum of two, preferably three HDMI 1.3 cables, two to three single-link DVI cables or one to two dual-link DVI cable from the source rack to the projector."
    It would be very nice if the 8000 were to support 3D :thumbs_up: Looking forward to see what DMM will present at Anga Cable regarding software for our 8000, let us hope Ibrahim is correct !

• Hello Freinds

"what DMM will present at Anga Cable regarding software for our 8000" quoted above by Loranzo on 17

i hope the presentation was finished may anybody update us about the matter

thank you

Suky