Brand new DM500HD died, replaced, 2 days past - DIED AGAIN

• How can this be possible?

The official reseller replaced (or so they say) the brand new 500HD I've bought past friday. This time I managed to update the firmware and apart from some really weird networking issues it seemed to work OK. It's been like this for the past two days.

Now, I arrive home just to find the receiver frozen... Ok, I'll just turn the back switch OFF and back ON... to... same problem again, the box doesn't boot and no sign of the green LED.. another 500HD has died on me again!!

I remember using the Authenticity test when it was working, just to be sure, and it came out clean... both mac and serial numbers matched.

What can I do DMM? Just forget the 500HD and search for alternatives?

This is not acceptable.!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von lmineiro ()

• This sounds like the two boxes came from the same batch that had issues.

Many customers have the 500HD running with no issues (yet), so it doesn't look like a general issue.

Mamba

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mamba0815 ()

• I have to add to this discussion that both boxes never had any firmware flashed, official or not... That was indeed my intention... Never had the chance since they were DOA.

• I
    have the same problem downloaded epg channel, turn the dream of back
    and not start green light green light only this is a big problem. Does
    any solution for this?

• >>Does any solution for this?

No, because I simply don't understand what you mean.

Mamba

• I am having the same problem with this unit. It seems like I have been reading TONS of people complaining about dying after a while. It seems to me that it is particularly vulnerable during the flash process. I never expected a machine with a good reputation like Dreambox to have so many annoying problems. it seems there are bugs all over the place. I start wondering if any testing was ever done before putting out a machine that is so weak.

Now of course I have to go thru the repair process myself and eventually get screwed twice. Is this acceptable for a machine that costs over 300 euros??? No comment on that one.