new driver help

• Halo,

I am not a Linux person, but i try to use the RT73 driver below as the basis for guiding me to construct a new driver for the RT 2870.
    http://sources.dreamboxupdate.…lan-rt73_1.0-r3_dm800.ipk

I would really appreciate some help to compile the below driver into a RT2870.ko file.
    http://www.edimax.com/images/I…inux_STA_v1.4.0.0.tar.zip

I would do myself, but am not sure where to begin and in particular don't know the "platform" type to use in the makefile.
    I understand this driver is included in the 2.6.27+ Linux Kernel, so it seems odd that Dream still don't update their kernel and support more common hardware.
    802.11n has already been around for a long time.

• great work, enigma®!
    is there any way, could you find the time, to compile rt2870 for the new kernel, 2.6.18-7.3 ?

I tried to do it myself but I have to admit, my knowledge is very weak
    I had to stop at the third point form build instructions: GCC and LD

Code
    root@dm800:~# opkg list_installed | grep gcc
    libgcc1 - 4.4.3-r0.1                    	
    root@dm800:~#

perhaps it is not the package I need (at dreamboxupdate.com I found gcc-cross-locale-de_4.4.3-r0.1_mipsel.ipk - could be the needed one?)
    otherwise, for 'ld' I have no idea..

could you help with a new build, for the new kernel, please?

thank you

• Hello,

Someone can explain me why this driver doesn't work with the DM7025 ? :frowning_face:
    The kernel version is 2.6.12.6 and it's compiled for the 2.6.12.5.1 :thinking_face:

I try to search this driver but no one seem to have compiled this driver for dm7025 only dm800/dm8000 :frowning_face:
    It's a great box the DM7025 !

Thx in advance for your help !

• maybe because performance on USB 1.1 will not be that great ?

• Yes it's may be not a very good speed but found a compatible usb key it's hard to find :frowning_face:
    And support some "new" chipsets can be great.

Speed it's not a problem depending use.
    I want to use this Dreambox like a NAS behind a VPN limited at 100ko/sec so USB 1.1 it's 10x more faster than the transfer speed.

I have try to found some tutorials for compile the driver but I doesn't have understand all :frowning_face:
    Need a Linux, a compiler which support MIPS and the good kernel.

No one know a link where you can download a vmdk or vdi with all compilers/tools installed ?

EDIT : I'm try to configure a monotone/openembedded environnement for try to compile the driver.
    If someone have a little tutorial for compile a driver ?
    I try to create a BB file for use bitbake if it's not wrong.

Thank you in advance !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nings ()

• It's ok, I have found a way for compile the driver.

The speed it's about 500ko/sec with WPA2 on ftp. (FileZilla and for compare 8Mo/sec on LAN)
    But it's great for my usage :smiling_face:

• Hello

After new bootloader 84 and new cvs images there is no new wlan driver that help me (dm800) !!!

Please make a new driver for rt73 ralink ( i have dlink110 wlan usb ) that works with new bootloader .........