AC3+ availability on DM8000 ?

• enigma2 20130907 (master) -> 20130927 (master)
    ----------------------------------------------
    - added ac3+ support (requires hw drivers with ac3+ support)

I guess you are all happy now :winking_face:

• read the commit - not everybody will be happy today, but my 8000 left the living room already and was replaced by the 7020hd.

• Waiting the new drivers for our loved 8000 as i could check already works some streams.
    With new firmware you now can hear the core (Dolby Digital 5.1) from a Dolby Digital Plus stream and the core (DTS 5.1) from a DTS HD-Master stream.

• dreambox 8000HD no solution, the more. wait?
    high-end and we have to wait for a driver problem? by DVI?, could say
    how they will take, to give a solution? thanks from Spain, France, Italy
    and elsewhere.
    :confused_face: :confused_face: :confused_face:

• multimea dream Answering the audio solution, ac3 +.

Zitat

we are still waiting for a response of the chipset vendor.

I think DMM, should give a quick fix, and ask please quickly to,chipset vendor,

and provide a quick fix to customers as dreambox 8000hd owners, still no
    sound with ac3 + channels when other models, and have the problem
    solved. I ask you please, on behalf of all users of the brand DMM, to
    expedite and give solution to the problem.

• If it would be that easy as you might think then there would be already a solution for it. So please stop asking over and over again. And just wait for a solution coming or maybe not. :mad:

• Zitat

high-end and we have to wait for a driver problem?

High-end? It was high-end 5 years ago. Like my iPhone 3G and my GeForce 5, my 32" LCD TV or Windows XP ?

You guys should realize that we live in a fast moving world and you can't expect to get support and all new features in so old devices.

How long you want support for it?
    Lifetime? Or are 10-20 years enough? I also expect you want Enigma 4.0 and all the other nice features that new dreambox models will get in the next years for your old and outdated device too? Because it was high-end 5 years ago?

I don't even understand why DMM support these old devices. I personaly would be more happy if they spend more of their time to get my new dreambox models working well. I just bought one of these new DM7020HD v2 Models and only have problems with it. But instead DMM getting their new devices to work, they spend their time to add new stuff to outdated DM8000 boxes which are not build and sold anymore for a year now. Which ... makes me unhappy!

All other companies that I know are releasing a device, supporting it 1-2 years with updates and then release new devices. No one was crying when the iPhone 3G was not supported anymore by apple. It's probably all about money. But seems to work for most of them, DMM probably does not need the money and they earn enough from a DM8000 to support it for 10-20 years with software and driver updates !?

You bought a device without AC3+ Support 5 years ago. And now 5 years later you want support for it? Well, I want the same for my TV, AVR and BluRay Player! Do you know what Samsung tells me when I ask for AC3+ Support for my 5 year old TV? They just laugh about you and tell you to buy a new device from them with support for it :winking_face:

DMM is at least trying to make you happy, but even this does not seem to work. They are trying very hard to get it working now on all boxes, a little bit late, but well ... and you guys are still unhappy and complaining.

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Homey ()

• DMM is at least trying to make you happy, but even this does not seem to work. They are trying very hard to get it working now on all boxes, a little bit late, but well ... and you guys are still unhappy and complaining.

I think, I hope and wish that DMM, is working on it, and a solution 8000hd buyers, so you shut up, you, and you show that DMM is the best brand on the market. You are, a loudmouth.. I hope DMM and time give me the reason. :grinning_squinting_face: :grinning_squinting_face:

• OT
    das verstehen die deutsche bestimmt nicht :winking_face:

gestern war 28 dec, wikipedia: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/K…g_der_Unschuldigen_Kinder

Zitat

In Spanien und Teilen Lateinamerikas hat er sich dagegen bis heute gehalten. Dort ist der Día de los Santos Inocentes der Anlass, seine Mitmenschen zu veräppeln, wie man es in Deutschland, Frankreich, Italien und in den angelsächsischen Ländern am 1. April zu tun pflegt. Dies steht in Zusammenhang mit der Mehrdeutigkeit des Adjektivs inocente, was nicht nur „unschuldig“, sondern auch „naiv“ oder „dumm“ heißen kann. Aus diesem Grunde trat angeblich auch die spanische Verfassung erst am 29. Dezember 1978 in Kraft, einen Tag später als ursprünglich vorgesehen.

OT

aber finde das trotzdem ein schönes update, danke

• It seems this was an "inocentada", but no, it's real.
    So our old (and expensive) DM8000 can look at the near future.
    Thanks DMM, at last!!

:winking_face:

Music Is The Best

• ich danke Ghost für DDP, obwohl ich es bis jetzt nicht brauche. Aber nach den sicher nicht freundliche Diskussionen hier, ist es doch gut daß Ghost es zur Verfügung stellt für eine Box, die gar nicht mehr produziert wird.

• I discovered it today when i was doing a -once a half year reflash to clean up DM8000- walk trough system settings.

For others who want to have audio on a AC3+ channel: I think it's a downmix/sample/thingy function to convert AC3+ in real time to AC3. (or would the DM8000 really output AC3+ over s/p-dif and DVI-D ?)

It's here on newer OE2.0 based images: Menu > Setup > System > A/Vsettings > Convert AC3+ to AC3.

So the final result is AC3 quality and not above that what AC3+ can offer, but not yet used in radio/tv broadcast.

Some differences:
    AC-3 :
    Max. 5 (.1)channels.
    Max. 640Kbps.

AC-3+ / E-AC-3 / Enhanced-AC-3 :
    Max. 15 channels.
    Max. 6.144Mbps.
    Multi program support (substreams)
    Additional tools (algorithms) for representing compressed data and counteracting artifacts.

If anyone experience a receiver that shows AC3+ instead of AC3 or experience a channel that outputs more then 6 channels, then we know that AC3+ is really supported and not downmixed to AC3.

Dreambox DM8000 HD PVR (HDD / DVD-rw | IPTV.

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ACTAsucks ()