UsbTuner Script request

• hello

im trying to get Genpix Skywalker-1 USB DVB-S tuner to work aith DM800HD using usbtuner of Homey

i didnt see any tutorial how to make it work and specially how to make the new tuner appear after each restart

in another forum, i found a tutorial but had no luck with it

im attaching here the tutorial and the files as well

please for expert people in making scripts, can you post any script to make the new tuner recognizable each time dm800 restarts

thx

• maybe enough is add some lines to enigma2.sh before enigma2 starts, to start vtunerct(client) i have added that lines

Code
    chmod 755 /usr/bin/vtuner*
    /usr/bin/vtunerct &
    sleep 10

before presented lines

Code
    cd /home/root
    LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libopen.so.0.0 /usr/bin/enigma2

only one bad thing, enigma2.sh is time at time owerwroten by default enigma2.sh when run onlineupdate

• maybe enough is add some lines to enigma2.sh before enigma2 starts, to start vtunerct(client) i have added that lines

Code
    chmod 755 /usr/bin/vtuner* 
    /usr/bin/vtunerct & 
    sleep 10

before presented lines

Code
    cd /home/root 

only one bad thing, enigma2.sh is time at time owerwroten by default enigma2.sh when run onlineupdate

thx for the answer

Im talking about usbtuner not the vtunnerct, is the vtunerct the virtual lan tuner? i dont have any idea what is vtunerct about

as you see in the tutorial enigma2.sh was modified like that, so the red lines are between cd /home/root and LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libopen.so.0.0 /usr/bin/enigma2, does that matter?

anyway, did you mean i just need to use the same script but put usbtuner instead of vtunerct?

how about modprobe genpix (genpix is the usb tuner driver)?

thx for helping me out

• looks corect
    (vtuner and usbtuner are similar things, first use tuner from another dreambox second from usb)

maybe your image isnt enough fresh
    or some executable file(usbtuner;enigma2.sh) havent atributes 755

• looks corect
    (vtuner and usbtuner are similar things, first use tuner from another dreambox second from usb)

maybe your image isnt enough fresh
    or some executable file(usbtuner;enigma2.sh) havent atributes 755

what looks good?you mean the script i posted?

it looks different than the one you posted

could you tell me how many files do you have for the lan tuner, and their names

• yes, your enigma2.sh scrpt
    1. check it atributes
    2. try maibe increase sleep time

Code
    modprobe genpix 
    sleep 5; 
    chmod 755 /usr/bin/usbtuner
    /usr/bin/usbtuner & 
    sleep 5; 
    cd /home/root 
  • It is very odd you would come HERE to discuss a VERY simple script .

You know i made the edits to the posted enigma2.sh file.
    DO you not believe me when i say it works ?
    I personally had it working on YOUR box remeber ?
    NOW, a better question regarding a usbTuner is This :
    Does ANYONE using an added tuner have VLC working ?
    imo it is creating conflicts with /dev/misc/pvr as VLC cant open it when it needs to.
    I have a feeling killing its process would fix the issue but no can do.
    Thus no video.
    Anis, if your gonna continue posting here, at least make the NA group your representing look like they arent all dumbasses

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Melon ()

• i opened this thread long time ago before even i found out that my SW1 was faulty, i was suspecting everything including the script, my dm800, SW1....
    now everything is good

• VLC also ?

Id like for just 1 person to say it works, But i am afraid that is NOT going to be the case.

I am glad everything is working ok now dude.

• Zitat

Does ANYONE using an added tuner have VLC working ?
    imo it is creating conflicts with /dev/misc/pvr as VLC cant open it when it needs to.

That was fixed 1-2 months ago by Ghost and me. Make sure you have latest drivers and latest vlc plugin installed from dreamboxupdate.com experimental feeds ...

Sounds like you still have old VLC Plugin installed together with new drivers. That will not work ... you need vlc and drivers from >08/20/2009

Works fine here on my box! :thumbs_up:

Theorie ist, wenn man alles weiß, aber nichts funktioniert.
    Praxis ist, wenn alles funktioniert aber niemand weiß warum.

• Thank You for the reply homey.
    I have indeed the latest VLC & DVBmodules from 09/07/09
    Now , what I may have overlooked (checking now) is the fact i am running multiboot & did not update Oozoon ( image in flash memory) with the latest drivers.

I will hope that is the thing I am missing.

• EDITED:
    I am such an idiot.
    I had the wrong vid settings in VLC.
    It indeed works as you said.

Seems it was MY tyrun to make north americans look like idiots :smiling_face:

Thanks go to you & ghost !

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Melon ()