DVB SUBTITLE - Not Shown

• DVB sub do not show up when txt or dvb subtitle selected. I have tried GSUB and Bulztext too.
    I can select dvb or txt subtitle, but they do not show up.
    Same with DVBViewer. So I sent a sample file to DVBViewer team and in 2 days they fix the problem.
    So I suppose it could be done with Dream500 image too.

Here is the new DVBViewer version change log:

-Add: DVBSubtitles: Added support for plain text DVB Subtitles. Thanks
    @Elber for providing samples
    -Add: DVBSubtitles: Added support for 2 bit DVB Subtitles. Thanks
    @Elber for providing samples

This problem occurs with all channels with dvb subtitles (picture sub).
    And in all my boxes: DGStation Mutant 200s and Dreambox 500S (both using ****** 4.4)

I have posted at I-have-a-dreambox forum and they directed me to this site.
    Answer to my post: 'The only help for you is to go to DMM official board 'http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/board/' (****** team has nothing with this) and search for user dbluelle (he is official dreambox enigma developer) and beg him to correct this issue. Apparently SKY Brazil has something which is non-standard in his dvb-subtitles broadcasting'

Attached recording with 2 subtitle streams (txt and dvb).
    If you try to play this file, you will see no sub.
    To see dvb sub, play it using VLC.
    To see dvb and txt subs, I used DVBViewer PRO.
    I can not find another software that can handle these subs...
    Please use MediaInfo to see 2 subtitle streams inside the file.

If needed, I can upload a larger file.

Thanks in advance. This fix will be very helpfull to brazilians and South America people. And I suppose for North America too, I have seen some channels with this type of subs there.
    Erbipjr - Brazil

Subtitle data (with dvbviewer transedit):

ES PID="2141" Name="DVB Subtitles"
    StreamType HValue="0x06" Name="Private Data PES (ITU-T Rec. H.222.0 | ISO/IEC 13818-1)"
    Descriptor HValue="0x59" Name="Subtitling"
    SubtitleType Value="16" Name="DVB subtitles (normal)"
    Language String="spa" />
    CompositionPageID Value="2"
    AncillaryPageID Value="2"

• I have tried to upload the file here, but I can't.
    I have uploaded it here: (change ** for tt):
    'h**p://rapidshare.com/files/258122791/SKY1.ts.html'

Thanks

• I will have a look at his issue.

Just for clarification:
    I'm not an "official Enigma developer" (whatever that means :winking_face: )
    I'm just working on Enigma as a hobby.

dbluelle

• Very good that his initiative Epjr, I hope that the Team can resolve this soon as possible I'm sure that will address here are the best. Cumps :grinning_squinting_face:

• I've commited a patch to the CVS which fixes the DVB-Subtitles. :smiling_face:

The plain-text subtitles are not (yet) supported, sorry :frowning_face:
    (I have not found any documentation about how these subtitles should be decoded and displayed )

dbluelle

• Thanks for your attention and work.
    I have not much knowledge in programming, but what to do next ? Can you directed me on how to use your patch ?
    Thanks from Brazil.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von erbipjr ()

• I've commited a patch to the CVS which fixes the DVB-Subtitles. :smiling_face:

I only hope that existing dvb-subtitles routines for european channels which work excellent since you fix it 2 years ago will still working flawless :winking_face: :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

• The plain-text subtitles are not (yet) supported, sorry :frowning_face:
    (I have not found any documentation about how these subtitles should be decoded and displayed )

Good News, now the plaintext subtitles are working, too :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

I only hope that existing dvb-subtitles routines for european channels which work excellent since you fix it 2 years ago will still working flawless :winking_face: :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

Well, I've tested it with a few channels without problems, so chances are it will work :winking_face:

dbluelle

• Hello,

Does this fix work with subtitles on MGM on TotalTV on 10.930 H 27500 16E. The greek subs are working O.K., but bulgarian and russian can't be displayed, too.

regards,
    Alex

• Does this fix work with subtitles on MGM on TotalTV on 10.930 H 27500 16E.

You have to try out this issue by yourself, put in your dreambox image based on latest CVS enigma fixes made by dbluelle and post the result here :winking_face: I have dish pointed on 16E but dont have TotalTV subscription :frowning_face: Or put on rapidshare 1-minute sample in TS format of this MGM channel and we will try....

• You have to try out this issue by yourself, put in your dreambox image based on latest CVS enigma fixes made by dbluelle and post the result here :winking_face:

Where I can download it? I was looking everywhere :frowning_face:

I have dish pointed on 16E but dont have TotalTV subscription :frowning_face:

The subscription is not needed for that. You should see subtitles, although the picture is black!

• The subscription is not needed for that. You should see subtitles, although the picture is black!

Not on every TotalTV channel , for example i can see subtitles on National Geographics altough picture is black but not on for example TV1000 or Fishing&Hunting Channel. On this two channel subtitles is shown only on decrypted picture

The plain-text subtitles are not (yet) supported, sorry :frowning_face:

dbluelle

hi , sorry to revive this topic but I have same problem here with Yes package (4w) with dvb subtitles ! it's not shown at all
    I use dreambox 500 , and this works gr8 with dvbviewer
    anybody can plz make it works?
    subtitles sent via pid's (arabic,hebrew,russian)
    and all images around not shown it !
    any hints plz
    thanks for advance
    can u upload a compiled image after fix for dm500?