Help! Can't tune in sats!

• Newbie question:

Just got my dm8k and have Enigma II, plus have loaded [Moderator] Image is in violation of the Boardrules [/Moderator] on it,
    I go through the following procedure to set up and scan a satellite:-

1. Go into Tuner Configuration and choose a satellite,
    Astra 28.2E,
    then I choose all other settings within that menu,
    LNB 1, Universal LNB, 13V, DiseqC mode 1.2, Use Usals for this sat = NO, stored position = 1.

2. Go into Positioner Setup,
    Choose Tune, (Red Button) and then select Astra 28.2E, set a frequency that I know I can get (BBC) then press OK.

3. Go into Positioner Movement and find Astra 28.2E - all OK so far.

3. Go into Auto Scan, and scan in channels.

Right up to this point it works OK, I now have all channels available scanned in for 28.2E.

I now try to repeat the process for the next satellite,

1. I choose Thor or any other satellite.
    choose all other settings as in 1. above, except I use stored position = 2.

2. Go into Positioner Setup,
    Choose Tune, (Red Button) and then try to move off Astra 28.2E, but cannot, it won't let me scroll through the satellites to any other, it just is stuck on Astra 28.2E?

Any ideas?

Am I doing something wrong or is my box knackered (brand new from UK dealer),

I have tried factory reset, and have also tried ......, but still the same?

Should i try and clear down the box to basics and don't load any other image than Enigma II, and then try setting up from there only?
    If so how do I go about removing everything else off my dm8k? as I don't know how to as Barry Allen was with one of the images and this is loaded onto the Hard Disk Drive as well.
    Flash shows 70% full in DCC when I log into the box.

Please help!.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von doubleudee ()

• As far as I can see, you've got on both satellites 'stored Position 2'.

Why do you use the stored position anyway? Why don't you try to use 'Usals' it's much easier to install.

cu

floh

• Sorry, the stored position in the first sat should show = 1,

I have a 36v motor using a moteck v box II to move the dish,
    what difference would 'use usals' make (sorry - know nothing about usals)

thanks

edit - just read this:
    _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Satellites_Automatic_Location_System

So, with USALS, if I set up my most southerly sat it will calculate where the rest are for me?

Still doesn't solve my problem though.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von doubleudee ()

• Could have asked somewhere else!
    Anyway - with a *certain image* you have to turn the box off & on again to be able to choose different satellites - you have to do it every time you change using the method described - I know - been there!!

• on & off?
    at the front or at the back (mains switch)?

Ok sorted, this is like going back a couple of versions with microshit software - lol, having to re-boot after installing or setting up something new.
    Perhaps it couldl be sorted in the next Enigma release?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von doubleudee ()