Which Switch ?

• Hello,

My set up :
    two dish one is Tata Sky and other is DM 500S for dialog TV ( Sri Lanka )
    both LNB are attach to 1 X4 DisEqc one cable comes out ( from 1X4 )
    I am changing main cable to each receiver to watch either Tata sky ( India ) or Dialog Tv ( Sri Lanka ) .No signal lose . Both sat very clear .

I wanted to avoid connecting and disconnecting main cable to each receiver so I install 1X2 switch with toggle so I can flip the toggle between receiver .In Market I got is 2LNB in and one out to receiver. ( please see attachment )

I wanted one in and two out ( each goes to two receiver ) , so I use this switch anyway ( just reverses witch upside down ) and it worked but I lose 50 % of channels with very little or NO signals .

As soon as I remove 1X2 switch and back to changing main cable to each receiver then everything back to normal.

Can some body help me to suggest that ,what kind of switch should I use
    so by flipping toggle button I can watch one or the other sat without losing signals [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.maldiviandigital.com/images/smilies/question.gif]

Thanks

• mechanical switches are known to kill receivers. Cause it's equivalent to hot-plugging.
    Especially A-B switches (in some intermediate position of the slider, both outputs are short together).

I assume you have dual LNBs (two independent outputs).
    Just add another diseqc switch (connect it to unused outputs of LNBs, and to your second receiver)