Problem uploading files to usb on Dm 900 Uhd

• Hi,
    got a problem uploading some files to the usb on my 900uhd
    It register not enough space on the usb. I have a 8 gb usbstick with only picons on it installed on my box,
    there is 7,2 gb free space left. when i try to upload some modified picons with new channelreference i got a message say
    operation aborted
    tested uploading from telnet, and it gave this answer

Code
    cp /tmp/1_0_19_1C15_4E_46_E080000_0_0_0.png /media/ppmedia/
    cp: can't create '/media/ppmedia/1_0_19_1C15_4E_46_E080000_0_0_0.png': No space left on device
    root@dm900:~#

This came after last update i installed on my box. Before i updated there was no problem sending files to usb.
    Is this a DP software issue or something else ??
    Have diskussed this isue with @FoxyRabbit but he was away for a couple of week and could not look into it before he went home. He allso had noticed same problem. He said i could ask here. Maybe other have noticed same thing.

Image i use is, Peter Pan Stealth Based on DP media 4.3 .1 r28-2018-05-14 (krogoth)(OE2.5)

Regards Softkey

Box1: DM 500 HD modded with usb slot Img: Peter Pan
    Box2: DM 900 UHD, Img: Peter Pan stealth OE 2,5

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Softkey ()

• What file system does the usb stick have? Fat does not allow files with a file size > 2 gb. You'll get exactly the message you have

Gruss
    Dre

Boxen (im Einsatz): DM920, DM900, DMOne
    Developer Project Merlin - we are OpenSource

• looks more like you ate up all inodes already with thousands of small picon files and without free inodes freespace is useless.

Because a png > 2GB would be really of superior quality and not fit on /tmp in the first place either.

check man page of mkfs.ext4 command on how to format with more inodes....

• Usb stick have ext4 filesystem

Regards Softkey

Box1: DM 500 HD modded with usb slot Img: Peter Pan
    Box2: DM 900 UHD, Img: Peter Pan stealth OE 2,5

• well then adapt the commands sccordingly but having so many devices is not a good way to optimize booting time.

• did you already checked the (used) inodes of the USB device?

apt-get update

apt-get install coreutils

df -i

Gruß Fred

Die Dreambox ist tot, es lebe die Dreambox