Dm 520 world wide problem

• I'm pretty serious, if somebody uses a brand not existing since such a long time to call himself 'genuine distributor or dealer' I would not feel too comfortable.

Would you feel in good hands if somebody calls you as the arab subsidary from Lehman Brothers and offering a marvellous investment opportunity ?

Or a travel agent selling you a ticket to USA from Pan Am - I'm looking forward to see you at the airport ?

And off course this is a technical problem - no genuine security chip means NO original image with orginal drivers is intended to run.

But you are blaming the wrong people - the warranty process is well defined and there is no alternative to following it.

7 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• Dear Gutemine ,
    i Hope you stay on the subject instead talking about other official distributor .
    Dear , Dream multimedia DXB is an official distributor for Dreambox products since 15 years when new dm7000 was launched and i am quiet sure before you have heard about dreambox brand.

the subject here is not about dream multimedia trading coz our name and history of trading and fighting clones with dream GMBH is beyond all discusions in forums.

the problem is the red light issue and the management know that we have send to them more then 20 boards for replacements having same issue and no need to mention now when we got them back, unless the admin want me to give more details in public. ( 20 boards plus from one distributor is an issue my friend need attention).
    and for your info and everyone info no client will wait months to get his box replaced so it is duty of all manufacturer to support their official distributor with extra parts for after sales support unless they can fix themselves within few days.

now about this issue it is clearly from the log it is saying the box not original and Dream official Dealer in Egypt facing this issue with several boxes and he claim he is quiet sure Boards are original,we will check with him all logs about this case to find out with him how this can happen and Dream management is aware of this matter before this post exist.

Thank you .

• caling 20 boards a worldwide problem woukld also has some amusement value ... Faulty hardware is always something frustrating but when the log says that the box is not properly initializing the CA this is not what looks like a faulty board, most of the ones we had so far had memory or flash chip problems.

There was a reason why I said no log =no support...

But OK, the link to the 'other distributor' was just an example on how realistic some warranty promises are, especially in your region,

I will delete it despite your nick's signature tells me another story :grinning_squinting_face:

BTW - I owned a 7000 ... and the product brand name was always ... Dreambox ... :winking_face:

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()

• well, then wait for an official answer :thumbs_up: But Ghost already said ...something ...

PS: Mr. Trump is not even calling Global Warming a world wide problem ... so maybe you are right :fearful_face:

• well, then wait for an official answer :thumbs_up: But Ghost already said ...something ...

PS: Mr. Trump is not even calling Global Warming a world wide problem ... so maybe you are right :fearful_face:

really I'm shocked with you
    Long time i thougt you are better than what I'm seeing now
    Enough talk sir and thank you at all

• As it is very hard to determine (for a customer anyways) if a box is a clone, tere actually is a very simple check:

1. An original box ALLWAYS has a Dream firmware installed.
    2. DreamOS 2.2 and 2.5 also offer the "Genuine Dreambox" plugin. So you can check immediately.
    3. Not sure but do the newer DM52x still have the ancient A8P SIM. My DM525 doesn't have one and I am very satisfied it's genuine.

4. Boxes supplied with OpenATV, Gemini GP3 are suspect..

• k

• Problem is that the DM52x has no display at all. The red LED simply informs that 'something is wrong'. The bootlog states that the security certificate is faulty. This could be as a result of a clone OR a bad eMMC chip which unfortunately resides in the area where the certificate is handled/stored. Since the DM52x is plagued by eMMC problems AND you are satisfied it's an original most likely this is the case in your situation. No need to make a fuss about it. IF you bought the boxes from a legitimate Dreambox dealer simply claim warranty. They will never send spare-parts, the complete mainboard is swapped or the device is swapped as a whole..
    If the dealer is NOT legitimate... Well....

• the 520 uses norrmal flash and is running ubifs, it has no eMMC and finally putting certificates there would be :unamused_face:

And for this kind of problems a display is totally useless :kissing_face:

• This could be caused by a bad contact of Sim card to the contact pins.

Have you tried to exchange the Sim card from a working Box to one which has the failure? Please make sure that the Sim card has good contact and has clean contacts.
    Are the Rescue Loader updated on this boxes?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von arnohaller ()

• if you start changing sim cards your warranty is gone for sure...

And it has some amusement value that after what happened to the cloned 500s people now do rescue loader updates voluntarly