How do I open a channel-list in my own Plugin?

• Hello,

please, how do I create a channel-list in my own Plugin ? I searched the Enigma2 code on git-hub servers, but I found nothing useful. I assume you need to use the imported parts of Enigma2:

from Screens.InfoBarGenerics import InfoBarChannelSelection, InfoBarShowHide
    ...or import such as :
    from Screens.InfoBar import InfoBar

But what next ? I can not bring up a channel (channel) window to switch them. The problem is that I have an image (using ePicLoad) and this picture without deleting it, I would like to display a window with a selection of satellite channels.

Does anyone know how to do this ? Or at least how can I activate the channel selection window without displaying an image ?

Thanks.

P.S.
    I would also like to know how the "session" works in Enigma2. On the Internet, I found some information and a lot of Python code, but it is chaotic, hard to study and difficult to understand :-/. This, however, belongs to a separate topic.

• Maybe have a look at Vali's EPG Plugin, this is technically a working standalone example of an enhanced Channel List.

BUT it has some amusement value that your Open* friends are that ... helpfull and knowledgeable ... after reading your thread there with 0 replies :grinning_squinting_face:

• There have been a lot of active developers on the OpenPLi forum, but they have now disappeared somewhere :).

Thank you for fast reply. I want to open standard channel-list from Enigma2. No another and enhanced channel-list. Plugin must be applicable to all Enigma2-distributions and all SKINs. That's why I want to use the channel-list directly called in Enigma2. But I can not find it anywhere in the Enigma code (OpenATV, OpenPLi). For a beginner in Enigma2 programming, it's very difficult to find. Thanks.

• Seriously ?

Code
    root@dm920:/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens# find . | grep Channel
    ./ChannelSelectionDisplaySettings.pyo
    ./ChannelSelection.pyo
    ./ChannelSelectionDisplaySettings.py
    ./ChannelSelection.py  <<<<<<
    ./ChannelSelection.pyc
    ./ChannelSelectionDisplaySettings.pyc

class ChannelSelectionBase is always a good starting point ....

And off course in InfoBarGenerics.py the class InfoBarChannelSelection maybe might give you a glue how to invoke it ...

• ROFL ! Nope ! So, again...

But I can not find it anywhere in the Enigma code (OpenATV, OpenPLi). For a beginner in Enigma2 programming, it's very difficult to find.

I was thinking of the algorithm, the principle of functioning (how to open a window on the display, opening the channel-list from Enigma2 under the plugin code). I do not want python code from Enigma2 or physical files on disk. I can find it myself. I need an explanation of the principle before studying the code from the enigma for at least 5 days. I know the Enigma2-Python directory structure a bit. I also know the basics of Unix/Linux systems (already 20 years), uhm. The only one way I can call a channel-list is send a remote control code to the Enigma2 - such as virtual remote control. :smiling_face: However, this method is stupid.

Python
    eActionMap.getInstance().keyPressed("dreambox remote control (native)", RCkod, 0)
            eActionMap.getInstance().keyPressed("dreambox remote control (native)", RCkod, 1)

Even so, the plugin will work quite a bit altogether :frowning_face: I will leave the selection and switching of the channels on the Enigma itself.

The problem is that when I display an image on the screen (I'm using ePicLoad). I also need to keep channel and all related stuff (EPG window, INFO about the watching channel, small EPG bar, etc.) directly from Enigma while still in the picture.

Thanks.

• I don't think that you will find a buddy willing to read with you the code line by line and explain what it does :fearful_face:

Start with the various Plugin Tutorials that your favorite search engine can find and with simple things like opening a text message box, a complex animal like a channel list is not the right starting point.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lost in Translation ()